A Different Kind of "Bump" in the Road to the Losing Side!

AZdove
on 11/16/06 2:13 pm - Tolleson, AZ
I am currently scheduled for surgery on Wednesday 11/22/06 and have been struggling with getting all of my tests completed prior to that date. After having my mammogram cancelled twice by Cigna (no one available at the Westridge office) and my calling it off once (I had to travel out of town for my company) I finally had it completed on 11/10/06. Today the radiologist called and apparently I have a "bump" in my right breast. I am having an ultrasound and a more complex mammogram on Monday (that was the earliest they could get me in). I have been assured that I will have the results right away and that I can provide them to Dr. Blackstone that same afternoon. Please keep all of you fingers, toes and hearts crossed that all goes well and that this much awaited (I have been trying to have this surgery since February) life saving surgery does not get postponed or cancelled. All prayers are welcome. I have a new respect for the pink ribbons!
Nicole W.
on 11/16/06 2:28 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Oh Ellen.... you will be in my prayers! I pray its nothing and just a precaution!
paulacohen
on 11/16/06 10:25 pm
Hi Ellen, Thoughts, prayers and hugs your way! I had a "bump" in my mammo about 5 years ago and after extra testing it was a benign fibroid - apparently very common but still scary till you know for sure... I think if they're going to call and tell you that kind of news, then they should be able to get you in the same day for further testing! I remember I didn't get a phone call, I got a letter that arrived on a Saturday - so I had to wait till Monday to even call them to set something up, which was like another week or so...ugh ugh ugh. Anyway, thoughts and prayers and good vibes - benign is much more common than not benign, but of course, anything should always be checked out, which you are doing, so you're doing the right things for yourself... Hang in there!!! Paula
Melissa P
on 11/16/06 11:27 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Sorry to hear that Ellen. I will be saying a prayer for you. I hope the bump turns out to be nothing and you can follow through with your surgery. Melissa
JRinAZ
on 11/17/06 4:54 am - Layton, UT
Prayers your way Ellen! Joyce
KT300
on 11/19/06 4:20 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Ellen, Hang in there, lots of big prayers for you!! Like they always say.."don't live in the what ifs......." One day at a time. Katie
AZdove
on 11/20/06 3:05 am - Tolleson, AZ
Just received the ultrasound results and I have a benign cyst in my right breast!! I can go ahead with the surgery! Wow, I didn't realize I afraid I was. My daughter came to be with me during the test. It was a sob fest when we found out the results were just a benign cyst...a real mom/daughter bonding kind of thing! Thank you all for your prayers and support. The surgery is back on for Wednesday!
CK777
on 11/20/06 3:15 am - Avondale, AZ
Hi Ellen Glad to hear it is a benign cyst! See you up on the floor Wednesday! Cathy
Nicole W.
on 11/20/06 6:22 am - Cave Creek, AZ
What good news, Ellen... I was just thinking about you. I am glad everything is okay!
paulacohen
on 11/20/06 7:30 am
YEA YEA YEA!!!! I completely can relate, been thru the same exact thing -- and since I have a friend recently diagnosed with breast cancer, I get doubly scared now. She has a total jerk for a hubby so I have attended most doctor appts w/her, including oncologist, radiation doctor, plastic surgeon, etc. Anyway, a topic for another time - CONGRATS! Paula
Most Active