SBC pt.-need recipes!!!!

KT300
on 11/16/06 1:39 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi everyone, I had surgery on 11/3 and am sooooooo tired of protein only!! Tired of eating really. BUT I have a few more weeks of this and need some meal ideas. I can have chicken, turkey, tofu, eggs, cheese, refried beans etc..seafood (no clams, oysters), cottage cheese, yougurt and dried spices and mayo or oil and soy sauce. Anyone have any meal ideas or things I can do to make it interesting????????? Thanks sooooo much! Katie
Ayaunna
on 11/16/06 11:43 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hey Katie- I know this is like my 3rd time emailing you today! I made crab cakes.... canned crab, 1 egg white, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Throw some olive oil in a skillet and pan fry them till there golden outside and a little soft on the inside... you can do that with ANY canned seafood. I've done it with tuna and salmon too. The eggs white and cheese hold them together. I also just ordered a cookbook off of Amazon- Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery, it is supposed to have receipes for the weeks, months and years afterwards. ~ Ayaunna
Linda S.
on 11/17/06 12:27 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Keep those recipes coming! Thanks
Nicole W.
on 11/17/06 12:37 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Hmmm... that sounds good! I have the "Eating well after weight loss surgery" it has some great recipes. I just haven't been daring enough to make anything! Thanks Ayaunna!
MARY OTU
on 11/17/06 1:09 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi Katie, I had surgery on 10/4/06 so I know how boring the first month is. Just hang in there another week or so as you will get some new foods added to your plate at your one month post op. Here is one to try:Taco without the tortillia Brown groung turkey with some taco seasoning. warm a little refied beans with a slice of cheese on top and mix it all together. Nummy and filling. Mary
RoosMom
on 11/22/06 8:56 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
Hi, I can totally relate to how you are feeling right now. OMG I am soooo tired of just liquids. hehehe. I just recently got the ok to have some soft/pureed foods and I'm sooo excited! Here are a couple of sites that I set up to help with recipes. Maybe you'll find something on there. Good Luck to ya. myspace WLS Recipes 4Losers: http://groups.myspace.com/WLSRecipes4Losers yahoo WLS Recipes 4Losers: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WLS_Recipes4Losers
KT300
on 11/26/06 2:14 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Thanks for the ideas, I really appreciate it!! Tried both the turkey (yum!) and the crab, think I didn't drain it well enough, but live and learn! Take care, Katie
Most Active