Still working on insurance approval!!!

vickiwellin
on 11/16/06 9:37 am
I was deniel by United Healthcare,(State of Arizona) and have continue to struggle with the insurance company. I have taken the advice of members who were so kind and helpful with their replies. Yesterday I filed my appeal letter, and I'm trying to have a positive attitude, but I am really nervous. I haven't heard very many positive things about the insurance through the state. But...........I'm not giving up, not even close. So if anyone has had any luck since Oct. please let me know.
MARY OTU
on 11/17/06 1:18 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Vicki, Good luck to you. Have you been to the Support Group meetings? I have heard from several people there that they were approved recently by UHC State of AZ. That is encouraging. However, my dear friend has been denied up through the 2nd level of appeal. It may be the co-morbidity factors. I heard one lady say she was denied but after submitting a sleep apnea diagnosis was then approved. If you do not have a sleep apnea diagnosis I would recommend you go in for the test and sleep on your back. Snore like the dickens! Mary
Sandi F
on 11/17/06 4:46 am - Tempe, AZ
Hi Vicki, I just recently got denied by UHC (State of AZ). I haven't filed my appeal yet. They denied me on the 6 month physician supervised program (I was supervised by a counselor but they wouldn't accept that) and that I did not have a life threatening cardio pulmonary disorder (I do have moderate to severe sleep apnea but not "severe sleep apnea") I can understand your concern. I am really frustrated with them. I feel like they want me to be on death's door before they will approve me but then I won't be a good candidate for surgery. What did they deny you on? I had heard that they dropped the requirement for 10% weight loss but in the denial letter they told me I had to have it. I wonder if the medical director at UHC that reviewed my case even has the updated info. I will keep my fingers crossed that your appeal turns out well. Thanks, Sandi
Most Active