Christmas Parties

Nicole W.
on 11/16/06 1:33 am - Cave Creek, AZ
With the holiday season coming up... here come the Christmas parties. I need some ideas on what to bring and what I can eat also. I make a mean "Clam Dip" but it has crackers and butter in it and then I make "Rye Dip" which has Mayo, Sour Cream, Dill, garlic and Ham in it... it is my classic for parties. I was thinking of shrimp ****tail but it will probably be there already. I think it would be cool if the Arizona group could maybe get together for dinner/picnic/bbq and we can all meet each other.
carolem
on 11/16/06 6:32 am - Austin , TX
Sounds like fun, only we should make it at a resturant where we can actually eat something! Maybe one of those where you pick what you want to eat off a salad table or bar like Baha Fresh, Sweet Tomatos, you know what I mean. I don't think your going to be eating your usual party food this year, darn sounds good too! I wonder how many we can get to come, so far not a big response today, but it's a short work week. Keep it going and we'll see what other ideas come in. So far we have 3 Carole M
Nicole W.
on 11/16/06 8:10 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Some of us that are Gastric bypass post-op cannot have salads until I think we are 3 or 4 months out... even thou I would LOVE sweet tomatos, there are too many tempations like the pizza and pasta bars. So anyplace that has fish or chicken... is good with me! As for holiday parties... I'm bring Shrimp ****tail!
carolem
on 11/17/06 1:15 am - Austin , TX
Okay kiddo, the idea seems to be going over, but we need to come up with a place that works for everyone. I'll be gone from Dec. 19th to the 27th, so if we can do it early Dec. that would be great. I'm in SE Gilbert, so if we make it Scottsdale, can we make it on the east side like SBC? Let's hear some ideas on where from everyone. You won't have to bring anything if we go to a restaurant, I don't think anyone would want to open up their home to the group this time of year. I wouldn't mind but I live way out off Chandler Heights and Higley! CaroleM
Melissa P
on 11/16/06 12:20 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Sounds fun count me in on the get together. It would be great to meet other people that are going through there first holiday's after WLS. Sounds like it is going to be a challenging couple of months for all of us to stay on track with our food. Melissa
KT300
on 11/16/06 1:03 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Hey there Ms. Nicole, So I was thinking deviled eggs, not very sexy but what can you do. Shrimp ****tail sounds good too, but I love that sauce. I say pick a date and a place and let's do it!! Let me know so I can bring hubbie and get a sitter before she books up. My husband's xmas party is at a dude ranch this year and I wonder if we'll go, BBQ and what can I eat and it's $50 so........maybe some mushy green beans! I have to remember I signed up for this! Katie
Nicole W.
on 11/16/06 1:16 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Mmmmmmm... Deviled Eggs! I almost made those today. Maybe tomorrow! I have a Holiday Party to go to on 12/9, so I want to bring something to eat. But at least by then we can eat veggies!
Darlene X
on 11/16/06 10:47 pm - Maricopa, AZ
EJ and I would be game to go out somewhere, and meet up with everyone.... just tell us where and when. Don't make it too late in December though, we are going out of town the week before!! hehe Maybe also a weekday, for dinner... that way if we go out, places aren't too busy? *shrugs* Let me know!
Ayaunna
on 11/16/06 11:32 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hey Nicole, I'd love to go out and meet up somewhere!! I'm not sure how much time you want to put into what you bring but crab cakes are a good thing too and you can even buy some that dont have breading.
jinn
on 11/17/06 1:41 am - Mesa, AZ
Count me in!!!!!!!!!! Let's decide when and where!!!!
Most Active