Update on Dr. Appt.

Deanne K.
on 11/16/06 12:27 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi All, Wanted to update you. My Surgeon's office told me that I am receiving no benefit any longer from my RNY surgery. My anastamosis is too large. It is 17mm and should be 8-10mm. The food just comes out the other end. Well, I see the surgeon on Jan. 2nd to see what can be done. Probably another surgery or revision needs to be done. She was unable to see me yesterday when I was up seeing the NP. Deanne
Darlene X
on 11/16/06 2:37 am - Maricopa, AZ
Ummm who said that about the stoma???? When Hubby had a stricture his stoma was 8mm in diameter, he couldnt eat, barely drink and was very very sick... Dr Fang w/ St Lukes said the stoma should be 12-15mm's in diameter. 8-10mm's would be like living with a stricture.
Deanne K.
on 11/16/06 5:19 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi Darlene, That would be Dr. Blackstone's NP that told me that. The Gastroenterologist also told me it was too big. I can feel everything going down when I eat. I don't know if they can do anything. Deanne
Darlene X
on 11/16/06 6:06 am - Maricopa, AZ
Well 8mm's is ridiculous..... Thats what hubby's was with his stricture... he was so sick he had to be hospitalized, he couldnt eat, he couldnt drink... got kidney stones because of it... he was completely malnourished. There was another girl on here who had a stricture too, I can't remember who it was (Pipe up if you read this)... but she came back from been dialated and said he stoma was 10 mm's and couldnt keep anything down.... was pretty sick too... I would ask for a second opinion on that, cause saying your stoma should be 8-10mm's seems very wrong....
Most Active