hiatal hernia

sgirl
on 11/15/06 4:38 am - tucson, AZ
I found out today that I have a hiatal hernia. How does that happen, and how does this affect the surgery. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do I do now? THANKS 214/154/114
JRinAZ
on 11/15/06 5:11 am - Layton, UT
Yay Sally! If you go to the right doc then that can be your "FREE" ticket for Plastic Surgery! Hernia repair will cover the hospital, anesthesiologist and of course the hernia repair. You should only have to pay the additional time for the plastic surgeon to do the abdominoplasty (or whatever you have done). I have one too and they can be very painful. ....Unfortunately, mine was found AFTER my p.s.!!!! Oh well...It may still get me in for my Rny revision at a better price. Take care of you! .....Your middle set of weights is getting smaller and smaller! Congrats! Joyce
sgirl
on 11/15/06 11:46 am - tucson, AZ
Joyce, have I ever told you how much I love you. You are always informative and quick to respond to a fellow "loser". If you don't mind me asking what do you do for it? It sure is painful, but I think that I had it before the surgery, because the pain is familiar. Thanks a trillion in advance.
JRinAZ
on 11/16/06 11:40 am - Layton, UT
"Love" hugs back attcha sweetie pie! ......I take a prescription Nexium tablet but only have 2 refills left and my insurance (UHC) is cutting me off! Yikes! Good thing I have a hernia repair scheduled in early 2007........My pcp tells me that taking otc prilosec in the a.m. on an empty tummy is equal to any prescription availalbe. I'll test that theory soon! Other things that have helped me is to not eat past 8 p.m. (unless it's a protein drink) so I don't have pain at night and to stay away from nuts and other high fat items. Hope you get yourself all fixed up soon so you can enjoy your new skinny minniness!!!! Big Huggggzzz! Joyce
Most Active