Protein

CK777
on 11/14/06 12:07 am - Avondale, AZ
For anyone out there that uses Profect liquid protein that comes in a 2.9 oz vial that you can ONLY buy on the Internet. The Vitamin Shoppe has the exact same thing that is called New Whey that is 2.9 oz's and it is the exact same (25 grams of protein, 0 carbs, 0 fat). I emailed Cassie (nutritionist) and she that this is fine. Right now these are on sale for 1.79 each vial, which is cheaper than ordering online at 3.00 a piece plus shipping! They don't have as many flavors but oh well. Right now the Vitamin Shoppe also has the Isopure cases of Ready to Drink 20 oz bottles on sale for 27.99 and the Isopure 3# powder on sale for 34.50. From what I have researched already (I am Pre-Op) I think these are great prices and I just thought I would share with everyone. Cathy
Nicole W.
on 11/14/06 1:20 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Cathy, Avoid the Isopure at all costs! Yesterday, I was on a mission to find a new protein drink because I couldn't stand the Isopure anymore. The flavors are horrible and way too sweet... they got a pretty nasty after-taste also. Only ones I could actually tolerate were the Grape and Alpine Punch. It would be easier if you could just guzzle it and get it over with, but after the surgery you have to sip... which well, you know... BITES!
CK777
on 11/15/06 12:14 am - Avondale, AZ
Hi Nicole So on your mission yesterday did you find a new protein drink? I was just posting the sale prices in case anyone that has used them already and liked them and possibly could use more at those great prices! The vials that I mentioned are very small and at the sale prices are pretty inexpensive so maybe that would be an option for you? If you find something else that works for you please post as it might be helpful for ME!!
Nicole W.
on 11/15/06 3:06 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Cathy, I ended up getting World Wide Protein Drinks from Sprouts... they come in a little can and they are SO much better than the powder and Isopure. They also have 35 grams of protein in them. The Sprouts on Cactus and Tatum has Vanilla, Strawberry, Banana Cream and Chocolate.
CINABOBINA
on 11/14/06 1:32 am
Cathy My best advice is >>>> Do Not Stock up on Protein beverages! What taste good one day is horrible the next ! unless you like to waste money - It doesnt grow on tree's at my house. buy only 2 at a time , you can always use the exercise to go out and get more. Your taste will change a lot after surgery ..
AZdove
on 11/15/06 1:01 am - Tolleson, AZ
I am having surgery in exactly one week and was going to go shopping for the stuff I am going to need. How many protein drinks should I keep on hand at first? I know I cannot start drinking them until 1 week post-op but I wanted to be prepared. What do you recommend to start with? It would be nice if my taste did change after surgery because as far as drinks go I have never cared for the the "fruity" stuff. Do they have just vanilla or chocolate?
tres35cowgirl8
on 11/14/06 2:29 pm - * _ *, AZ
Thanks for the info I can afford these. I dont have a credit card to buy on line and need every penny. I found out there is one close to me now that I moved. I will go Friday and check them out thank you so much for being so helpful!!!!!!!!!! Teresa -130 lbs
Most Active