OBGYN recommendation needed for band Pregnancy

sassyladyaz
on 11/10/06 3:02 am - Glendale, AZ
We just found out that we are pregnant!! I am 1 yr post op and am wondering if anyone has used a OBGYN post surgery that they liked. I really like the doctor that handled my first pregnancy but she does not know much about the lap-band so I am hesitant to use her for this go around.
JRinAZ
on 11/10/06 7:09 am - Layton, UT
Ahhhhhhh! A new little Angel is coming our way! Congratulations to you and may this be a joyful time in your life! I think a good OB/GYN could view the vido on azlapband.com and find the help they need to guide you with your nutrition. You do not malabsorb, so all should be well! Best wishes!!!! Joyce
tweet-tweet
on 11/11/06 2:20 pm - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 03/17/14
Hi. If you go to the AZBandsters group on Yahoo, you can ask this question there... one lady just had her baby (and he is cute!) and another one is pregnant. They might have good OB recs for you. In my case, I got my band after my last pregnancy. My doctor was very good about discussing my nutrition needs... they are use to working with patients with major morning sickness, diabetes, etc., so I think that jumping into the band wouldn't be too hard. If you really liked your prior OB, I think it might be worth discussing the band with her to see if you feel comfortable. I know that finding an OB you like is a major deal. When my insurance companies switched between my first and second pregnancy, I was so upset. I really LOVED my first doctor. Of course, I really liked my second doctor too. He does ultrasounds at every appointment, which was a big relief to me. I liked the extra reassurance. The fact that he does it on a big plasma TV was just bonus. LOL!
Most Active