Learn from my mistake, get your clearance early...

carolem
on 11/10/06 1:05 am - Austin , TX
Everything was going fine, then the cardiac people came into this the 3rd and 4th of October. Did the stress test and the Echo, had the new patient consult with them on Oct. 10th, that led to needing a pulmonary clearance. You don't know what will come up on the cardiac tests, unless you've been having these yearly. Couldn't get in to see the new pulmonary do****il the 24th, had to have an xray just before my appointment that day. This doc decides he wants to look at a previous C-T scan and a sleep study that was done a year ago. These had to be tracked down. Finally by November 3rd, the cardiac people are talking to the pulmonary doc, he now insists I must have the echo repeated to see the pressure from the lungs to the pulmonary artery ( I think that's what it's about), and after reviewing the previous sleep study he insists I have another one. That's not scheduled now until Nov. 19th. I ran out of time, I had to be cleared by Nov. 16th for surgery on the 29th. All lab work was done, it just came down to pulmonary concerns. I have a very low blood oxygen level and they are trying to figure it out. So now I have to wait until Jan 26th. The good thing is that I don't have to stress anymore about getting things done on time. I hate the sugery being put off, but I finally accepted the fact that I did everything I could have possibly done to make it happen, and that someone greater than myself is in control here and I just need to realize this is not within me to determine when or even if I'm having this surgery until everyone is satisfied. One of the echo tests I just repeated Monday was not able to give the results the pulmonary doc was looking for, so another procedure will be required. Yes, it's frustrating, does it do me any good to be upset, probably not. I think I needed to learn to take a step back and just take it one test at a time, whatever happens isn't up to me. Get cleared before you get yourself into a stressful situation. Carole M.
pwrightt
on 11/11/06 11:35 am - PHOENIX, AZ
HI Carol: Like I said earlier this was great information. I can make myself think of every excuse why I should wait for the pulmonary and cardiac clearance. This made it perferctly clear why I need to get going. I have about 7 weeks till my surgery. This should give me time to get the clearance if something bad shows up. Thank you once again for posting your experience. I hope there will not be any more delays for you.
pwrightt
on 11/15/06 10:21 am - PHOENIX, AZ
I made my appointment for my pulmonary and cardiac clearance. Your post motivated me. I have an appointment on the 27th of Nov. My surgery is scheduled for the 27th of Dec. so I hope if something goes wrong that will give me plenty of time. Thank you once again for posting your experience.
Most Active