Peanut Butter

Nicole W.
on 11/9/06 6:18 am - Cave Creek, AZ
it is a good source of protein... is it a no-no right now? I meant to ask at my one week appointment, but forgot. I love the stuff... I mean LOVE it!!!!
JRinAZ
on 11/9/06 6:43 am - Layton, UT
Nicole, "loving" anything that high in calories and fat will only set you up for disappointment. If you can handle a little dip from time to time then it's not a biggy but it's definitely not considered a "lean healthy protein choice". A good way to figure a good source of protein is to figure the calorie ratio per protein gram. ....and, the sugar grams may make you dump! Ouch! My guess is at this early stage when you are getting in very few caloreis; a tsp or so won't mess up your entire weight loss journey. But, learning to eliminate food triggers when the losing is easy helps bunches in the future when it's almost impossible!!! Huggggz, Joyce who would love to join you with a big scoop of p.b.!!!
AZGirl
on 11/9/06 12:42 pm - On the coast of somewhere beautiful
I know it is definitely not allowed by Scottsdale Bariatrics at one week out. I could be wrong, but I think it is not allowed until about 4 months out and even then, it's not really encouraged. I am almost 8 months out and I just recently had peanut butter for the first time and even then, it's only about a tablespoon every two weeks or so. You should call Nancy or Cassie just to be sure. They always return phone calls really fast.
Melissa P
on 11/9/06 1:26 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hey Nicole, On Scottsdale Bariatric it is allowed after your one month appointment. But only three times a week. It is high in fat. I have eaten it a few times and I also love it. I also eat peanuts once in a while. But they are also limited. Melissa
Nicole W.
on 11/9/06 3:57 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Good to know! I haven't tried it... but would love to, because it's just habit. It takes 21 days to break a habit... 10 days into it! Thanks Ladies!!!
Sandy in Tucson
on 11/9/06 10:26 pm - Tucson, AZ
Well..........I like-love peanut butter a lot, too...........but it also helped me to gain 200 lbs.....so I do eat it, now....but so sparingly. I measure my food in take and register it on fitday....if you do this you will see you can eat a ton of other protein sources compared to a small amt. of peanut butter....I just know portion control and food journaling have been a couple of of success tools to getting my weight off. I just know I woke up from surgery....committed totally...maybe to point of being obessive in getting all the weight off....not most of it. I use Unjury protein....still.....3-4 scoops per day...plus I walk and hike 10-15 miles per week. Sandy 200 lbs down 347/147/140 5"5" 56 years old open RNY
KT300
on 11/11/06 2:54 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Hey Sandy, Where do you get Unjury protein? I had my surgery one week ago and have been using premixed Worldwide protein drinks from Sprouts which I like but need some alternatives as well. Also, Nicole and Sandy and Melissa I'm able to eat more than 1-2 oz at this point, normal? Like I had a can of tuna the other day and a turkey burger and a half tonight? Wondering if my pouch is stretching? Thanks, Katie
Most Active