Support groups in NW Valley?

paulacohen
on 11/9/06 12:39 am
Thanks to all *****plied - I will try to make the support group at Estrella this Sat -- if not, is there a schedule of meetings and times? Sorry if that's listed elsewhere, I'm in a rush today Saw my PCP this morning , she isvery supportive, gave me a letter and a graph chart listing my weight since I first started seeing her in 2001 - of course, the little line goes up and up and up But on the positive side, that is good info for my "package" of info for the insurance company that I'm putting together. Again, thanks to all, more later, Paula
paulacohen
on 11/9/06 12:42 am
thanks Virginia - I'm going to try to make it... Paula
alligatorpgr
on 11/8/06 1:36 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Maybe it's time to start our own group here up North??? I live in N.E. PHX, and rush hour is crazy from here to Scottsdale. Does anybody know what it would take to start a support group??? Alli
pwrightt
on 11/9/06 11:29 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Would also like to see a support group in N.Phoenix. Scottsdale at rush hour is too crazy plus I work. I don't mind driving on the week-ends but it would sure be nice to have something closer here in N.Phoenix.
AZGirl
on 11/9/06 12:35 pm - On the coast of somewhere beautiful
I too would love a group in NW Phoenix. I'm at 35th Ave and Happy Valley and I agree...trying to get to Scottsdale by 6 pm is just not doable. Plus, I have gone sour on that support group. When I was going, the entire focus was always on how many pounds everyone lost. It makes slow users like me feel inadequate and I was just always so depressed after going there so I quit going. The nurse practitioner asks me every month if I go to support group and my reply is always no and I explain why. Going to that particular group is not good for my mental health. I really despise it, so I would be ECSTATIC if a group was started up here. Joanne
Nicole W.
on 11/10/06 2:42 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I too live in the North Valley... so I would be interested also. Maybe one of the community churches that are off of 83rd Ave or 67th Ave will allow some space??? I would volunteer my job location, but they just got strict with the visitor policies. I do make the time to go to at least one support group at SBC a month even thou I work evenings. It is very helpfu and important to me since Scottsdale's program is much different from other surgeons, I like the consistency of information.
tweet-tweet
on 11/11/06 2:33 pm - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 03/17/14
Maybe one of the hospitals would let us have a room, like the people at Estrella. JC Lincoln Dear Valley is pretty easy to get to since it is right at the 101 and I-17. Or, there is Banner Thunderbird at Thunderbird and 55th or Arrowhead at 67th and Union Hills.
Most Active