Support groups in NW Valley?

paulacohen
on 11/7/06 3:50 am
Hi to all. I went to the info seminar at Scottsdale Bariatric on Sunday and it was great, very informative. I'm meeting w/my PCP on Thurs to go over letter of medical necessity etc so I can start the insurance fight. In the meantime, I've seen several posts about support group meetings in Chandler, but I live in Peoria. Does anyone know of any support groups in this neck of the woods? Peoria, Glendale, north Phx, etc? Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 11/7/06 10:54 am - AZ
Hi Paula, I how are you? I live and work in Peoria, I am scheduled 12-22. I have never attended a support meeting because I have kids and scottsdale is too far to drive at rushour. I don't really know of any support groups out our way. I would be happy to give you some support. I have gone through the seminar, 6mo pre-op, Cardio clearance, ultrasound, and sleep study. I have learned alot too. If I can be of any assistance let me know. By the way I have no co-morbidites and a bmi of 43 and I was approved in 3 days!! Do you have Cigna? Take Care, Erin
paulacohen
on 11/9/06 12:41 am
Hi Erin, No, I have United. What part of Peoria do you live in, near what major streets? I'm near 75th Ave/Thunderbird. I have several co-morbidities and a BMI of 45, so I definitely qualify medically - unfortunately.
(deactivated member)
on 11/9/06 10:46 am - AZ
Hey Paula, how are you? I live up by Vistance Happy valley and 117ave, way north. I would be happy to attend a support group up here maybe on a Sat morning. Maybe we could me at a neutral place, a church? Don't know if a resturant would be a good place? What kinda ideas do you have? I am very knowledgeable about ins. and I went through the 6 mo thing. Let me know what you think!!! Take Care Erin
vquigley
on 11/7/06 12:18 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Paula, There is a support group that will be meeting this Saturday morning between 10:00-11:30 a.m. at Banner Estrella Hospital (91st Avenue and Thomas). It's a little bit south of you but we would love to have you join us. We meet in the Community Center across the main entrance to the hospital. Hope to see you there, Virginia
tweet-tweet
on 11/7/06 1:44 pm - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 03/17/14
Nothing in the North. The only groups that I know of in the central/west valley are Banner Estrella and Banner Good Sam.
AZdove
on 11/8/06 6:56 am - Tolleson, AZ
OH My Goodness!...a support group at Banner Estrella Hospital! I was so glad I logged on this afternoon and caught this message. So how often is the meeting? Is it always on Saturday? Always in the conference room and at 10:00 am? Please let me know because I would love to come and be a regular member. I live at 107th and Lower Buckeye and it is so much closer to me than Scottsdale Bariatric Center! Any additional information would be so helpful. Thanks!
vquigley
on 11/8/06 10:44 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Ellen, I believe the meetings are being held the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of every month. I know that a couple of times we have had to hunt down a place to have our meeting because all the rooms have been taken but I think DJ and Tiff are trying to resolve that issue with Banner Estrella. We'd love to see you. Come join us. Hope to see you Saturday, Virginia
paulacohen
on 11/9/06 11:31 am
Hi Virginia, Do you know for sure there w/be a meeting this Sat? Since it's Veterans' Day? Just wanted to confirm...thanks!
vquigley
on 11/9/06 12:08 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Paula, I just checked the Yahoo wlsphoenix group and we definitely are having a meeting on Saturday. See you then. Virginia
Most Active