cardiac and pulmonary clearance

pwrightt
on 11/4/06 11:15 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
I'm still not sure which way to go. I'm approved by my insurance as they did not require a cardiac or pulmonary clearance and have a date for surgery, Dec.27th at Good Sam. But my doctor requires the clearance, Dr.Juarez. Should I get them now or wait. I have heard that Good Sam will run all the test before the surgery. If I don't have to do them twice that would be nice. I have not heard from Good Sam yet, my surgery was just scheduled last week, so should I just be patient and wait till I hear more.
Nicole W.
on 11/6/06 3:34 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I would get those important tests out of the way now... would hate for something to be sent over too late. Get it out of the way and keep the time around the holiday's and your surgery date, stress free.
justcuz
on 11/8/06 10:36 am - Maricopa, AZ
I am scheduled at Good Sam at the end of Nov. THey will set you up with a one day to do all this plus a class. I'm doing mind this Friday. Did you speak with Heather or Collen? Did they send you to Laura at Good Sam? She sets you up.
pwrightt
on 11/8/06 11:32 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Its called impatience on my part. No I haven't heard from Collen or Heather yet. Rhonda also said Laura will schedule her test and not take any unneeded ones. They do it all. I kinda liked the idea of getting the test done and having a stress free holiday. Thanks again.
carolem
on 11/9/06 5:53 am - Austin , TX
Pam, my surgery had to be rescheduled because so many things came up after the cardiac tests were done. If anything at all looks in question, and you won't know it until they do the stress test and the echocardiogram, it will require more testing. Mine also led to a pulmonary clearance. That developed into him sending off for a CT-Scan i had done over a year ago, a chest xray, another sonnogram of my heart as well as a sleep study which will lead to a CPAP for sleep apnea. Something else I didn't know I had. They won't do the surgery if you need one, you actually bring it to the hospital the day of your surgery and they put it on you in recovery. They don't want any breathing problems during or after the procedure. My surgery had been scheduled back in September for Nov. 29th, now it will be end of January. I kept all of my appointments as they came up and still ran out of time. They are very careful doing this surgery and the two clearances you need if left to the last can surprise you with more requirements needed to be cleared! Hope this helps....Carole M
Most Active