I so want some food right now...

Nicole W.
on 11/6/06 11:01 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Sally, Darlene, Melissa, Moira... Thanks so much for your responses. I haven't been eating the 3 meals of Jello, Broth and Tea (personally, I am just sick and tired of the liquid bowel movements) so I will have the broth here and there. Tonight my mom offered to make me a scrambled egg. I thought about it because it just sounded so good, but I said "No, I will stick it out until tomorrow" My dad made pancakes yesterday morning and I was salivating with the want for them... one day I can again. Will power takes alot. Moira, you are right... gotta treat my new stomach like a baby. I know the doctor set this plan up for a reason... to be successful!
(deactivated member)
on 11/7/06 11:17 am - AZ
Hey Nicole, good luck on the cravings. I am schedule 12-22 and am looking foward to meeting Dr. Blackstone. How is she and how was the surgery? Hope you are doing well post op Thank you, Erin
carolem
on 11/8/06 3:07 am - Austin , TX
Hi there! So how was Tuesday's meal? Probably didn't satisfy your food craving. I have a feeling we're going to have a lot of these. I guess we just have to convince our mind that being healthy is what we want and giving up some of the food we love is a small sacrafice. Sounds good, now we just have to believe it! Steve is still in the hospital..he came through the bariatric surgery just fine, he was doing 3 to 4 laps around the bariatric ward! Then his blood pressure went up on Tuesday, Blackstone wouldn't release him until Cardiac people came in and checked him. They told him they would like to do some more tests. This led to an overnight episode where his heart started racing, a cardilogist was called to his room at 3 am, bet he wasn't too happy. He didn't have a heart attack, but they are still trying to figure it out today. Needless to say, they are keeping him. So I had to come in to work today, I have a loan that is pretty critical for some people. I'll be back to the hosptal this afternoon. It's hard to concentrate today. Took me 2 hours to get home last night, think I'll stay up there at one of the hotels. I think I'm putting my surgery on hold for awhile, this is all a bit much. I was suppose to do a sleep study tonight to keep myself on tract for the pulmonary guy to release me, I've already changed the appt. I have to tell SBC now, I was impressed meeting Dr. Blackstone, she's one very careful doctor. Carole M
Most Active