I so want some food right now...

Nicole W.
on 11/5/06 4:11 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I have had every craving out there since Friday night! Just some I can't get out of my head... Wendy's Cheeseburger Pancakes Farina Kraft Mac n Cheese Stuffing All the stuff I haven't eaten in months! I think to myself why did I have this surgery, but then I am like... doh... you know why you did this! This is normal feelings, right? I am so sick of Jello at this point. Ice Pops have been a good subsitute so far. I cannot wait to eat something on Tuesday, just to have the texture!
KT300
on 11/5/06 4:13 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Me too!! And I'm not even out of the hospital. Looking forward to Tuesday too. I'm trying to remember the big picture and that this is not forever. How are you feeling? What are Ice Pops? Talk with you soon. Katie
Nicole W.
on 11/5/06 4:16 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Call me!
Nicole W.
on 11/5/06 4:21 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Just some sugar free ice popsicles... feels good on the thoart and just new texture!
sallyann
on 11/5/06 7:32 am - page, AZ
Hi Nicole. Im 5 months out and still have cravings. I smell hamburgers and almost lose my composure but...loosing 105 lbs in 5 months and going from a 24 to a 14 feels better than that hamburger tastes im sure Hang in there. Its so worth the ups and downs. Im looking forward to the day when it all comes naturally. I still counts grams and ounces in my head and calories too. Its good to have people who have had this surgery before us to talk to. Hang in there. I hear it gets better and better with every month. I wanted to weigh less than my fiance' before our wedding (thought it could never happen) and looks like I will make it!!! Yippee. Your feelings are pretty normal. This has been such an amazing journey. Best wishes to you! Sally
(deactivated member)
on 11/7/06 11:18 am - AZ
Katie how are you feeling? How did the sugery go. Hope you are doing well also... Erin
KT300
on 11/11/06 3:59 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Thanks Erin, went well, uneventful. Mostly out of pain but I have to be careful not to do too much or I do feel it. I get tired easily but other than that 1+ week postop I feel pretty good. But I can relate to Nicole big time, have that head hunger!! Want a slice of mushroom pizza but luckily like the posts I see here, I know the deprivation is not forever. It doesn't help that there are soooooooooo many commercials on TV that are all food!! But I'm not hungry and that's the reality. Best of luck to you! Katie
Darlene X
on 11/5/06 10:51 pm - Maricopa, AZ
It does get better---- and I know me saying that won't help a ton, I remember how I felt early out, and it didnt matter if everyone said it would get better... I didnt believe it... hahaha I am 7 & 1/2 months post-op, and have to say I feel completely normal... I eat what I want 95% healthy, 5% ok most of the time.... I don't feel deprived at all... heck I decided I wanted a McDonalds Cheeseburger a few weeks ago--- haven't had one in 10-11 months... so I got one, ate the thin pattie with cheese, and 1/4 of the bun and was good... craving gone, and I don't feel deprived.... I eat Mac n Cheese maybe 2-3 times a month.... I eat healthy most of the time..... You will return to normalcy! I haven't had stuffing since surgery, but plan to have a little at Thanksgiving... then I probably won't have it again till Christmas... anyway I guess my point is that you won't not ever have those foods again... Just hang in there...
Melissa P
on 11/5/06 11:30 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hey Nicole, I know exactly what you are talking about. I used to hate watching all of the food commercials. Talk about wanting all the stuff you can't have. I just started getting up and doing other things during commercials. That helped. Maybe you can work on your scrap book or something. Now I have an exercise bike in the living room. So I exercise during the show and the commercials. Just remember the first four months are the hardest. After that you put other foods back in. My two foods that I wanted most was an Arbys Beef and chedder melt and a cheese enchilada. I have had both after the four month appointment. I just ate the meat and the cheese off of the sandwich and about 1/4 of the top bun. I ate about 3/4 of the enchilada. So just remember that eventually you can have these things again. Just little amounts. Hang in there. Just like Darlene said it will get easier. You are totally having normal feelings. On Scottsdale Bariatrics food plan the first month is the worst. After that it gets a little easier. Melissa
moirap
on 11/6/06 10:26 am - Mesa, AZ
Ive heard its called head hunger when you have it short after surgery. The commercials dont help. The cravings are very real and very intense and I remember when I was 5 days post op (only on liquids) and I had to have a mcdonalds hamburger BAD.. I went as far as making my son go to Mc donalds and he bought me a burger and I felt it and it was so warm and I looked at it and smelled it and it smelled so good but I didnt eat it. The surgery was too important to me to mess it up and the funny thing is I dont even like hamburgers. I threw it out but it helped me through the craving. It may have been extreme but it felt good...I put this surgery into perspective, it is like your stomach is being reborn, you start with liquids and then soft and then advance to solids..I remember I felt so tired of eating mush. The outcome was great and I am so happy I did it the right way. Good luck Moira P
Most Active