Banners vs. St.Lukes goodies???

horizontallychallenged
on 11/2/06 1:19 am
What does Banners Bariatrics at Good Sam's give you when you go for surgery with them? Any special check-in type stuff and when you leave, any fun goodies? What does St.Lukes give you when you go for surgery with them? Any special check-in type stuff and when you leave, any fun goodies? Anything "special" that would sway someone towards one or the other?
tweet-tweet
on 11/2/06 6:29 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 03/17/14
Banner - A lunch box sized insulated container (with their logo that says BARIATRICS). Free samples of protein powders, vitamins, benefiber. Exercise bands. When you leave the hospital, you've got little shampoos, lotions, baby powder, toothbrush, toothpaste, socks. Nothing special.
JRinAZ
on 11/2/06 6:40 am - Layton, UT
I would think the only "goodie" that you would care about is a safe surgery and possibly a pain pill! In all my years of support boards; I will admit to reading soome unusual questions but this one has got to be the winner! I hope you find the answers you're looking for! Joyce
horizontallychallenged
on 11/2/06 6:43 am
And your point being??? What is so odd about this question? Just because you choose not to answer it doesn't make it an odd question my dear. Some people think they get so far ahead in life that they forget they still have a behind.
JRinAZ
on 11/2/06 7:19 am - Layton, UT
Wait...slow down! I wasn't puting you down............My bad! I was giggling when I wrote that note and actually put a smiley face behind it that didn't post through for some reason. Asking about a clean/ safe environment is a great qusetion. I just got a kick out of the "goodie" question and didn't realize you wanted to know which hospital folks considered the very best in all ways. I vote for the place that has the best surgeon and that YOU feel most comfortable with. Hospitals will allow tours ahead of time if you request. Take care, Joyce P.S. My DH and I both had positive exepriences with St Luke's but I have had other procedures at a Banner and thought they were great too.!
horizontallychallenged
on 11/2/06 7:35 am
Oh, Thank you for clearing that up. I was feeling rejected and confused. So you've been to both hospitals? What does Banner look like and is it near Good Sam or IS IT Good Sam?
horizontallychallenged
on 11/2/06 7:07 am
You know Joyce, I've thought about your comment. As isolated as your answer made you seem, you're right. I've picked the right surgeon to ensure a SAFE SURGERY, I'm sure I'll get a good pain pill if I want it and NOW I would like to have a CLEAN, WELL PUT TOGETHER, NICELY STAFFED hospital to get the surgery done in. One that I don't feel the need to carry a gun to protect myself as I walk from my car to the front door, one that I think won't give me some type of bacterial infection while I'm trying to heal and definately one that I feel comfortable in... The goodies are just the extra little things that make it a SWEET PLACE to be
pwrightt
on 11/2/06 11:12 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center and Good Sam are one and the same. I too have selected Good Sam. I thing its VERY important to have a clean, knowledgable, and nicely staffed hospital for my surgery. I want to feel as comfortable as can be. For me Good Sam was My choice. My priorority is to have a safe surgery and I feel very confident with Dr.Juarez. But I have to say the "goodies" do make things a lot more fun.
Nicole W.
on 11/2/06 9:08 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi! I had my surgery at Scottsdale... they gave us some stuff prior to surgery like a pedometer, water bottle, relaxation CD and we got a good binder full of information. Most importantly I found was that the doctors and nursing staff treat you with respect and are kind. I had one problem with a aide, she was just a b#%@! and I think it was because she was having a busy day... even thou I wasn't in my bed, it took her 10 hours to change my bed sheets. I was very uncomfortable in the chair they have in the room and she yelled at me when I stated I just wanted to sit in my bed for 15 minutes... because I couldn't sit in that chair for more than 30 minutes without my tailbone and back going into spasms. And when I cried because I think my emotions just caught up with me... she was kissing my ass the rest of the day and the yesterday. She even came in and wished me well and hoped to see me next week in my 1 week post-op class. The nurses I had very were very attentive, especially the evening nurse Christina and aide Jill. They checked on me on a consistent basis and stopped to actually to talk to me which made everything nicer. They also stuck to their word... when they said they would be back a particular time, she was back! Everyone acknowledged you when you were walking and clapped for you when you made your first lap around. I was very happy to be in Dr. Blackstone's hand's... she is so friendly and informative. She stopped by after her surgeries to check up on your patients... as well as the nurse practictioners. They really looked out for your health. It was a real pleasure to have her operating on me! No regrets!
karen_n_az
on 11/2/06 10:01 pm - Thatcher, AZ
The relaxation CD is super cool. It's kinda like what I told one of my friends that works at the local chevy dealer here in town "sometimes the dash cover sells the truck" he laughed at me. I'm really easy going. I just bought a new truck and he ordered me a dash cover for free. He's such a sweetheart. The hospital choice is more complicated than that of a new vehicle. It just all comes down to what you want. It's nice to know every detail to be prepaired. Lol, i'm pretty crazy about the small stuff also.
Most Active