This is NOT the easy way to Weight Loss!

AZdove
on 11/1/06 10:56 pm - Tolleson, AZ
I had my Pre Op Education class yesterday and anyone who thinks this is the EASY way to sustained weight loss needs to get a clue! This is a life change. It is equivalent to having a baby. Yes there are the wonders of being a new parent...the joys, but then you still have to change the diapers and clean up the puke. That is what we as gastric bypass candidates are looking forward to. We are going to benefit by dropping our extra pounds quickly and enjoy the wonder of better health, but we are going to forever have to be "mindful" off all things that we put into our mouth. It is not like putting money in a college fund for a child for their future...it is dealing with daily existence. This is not an easy way out for anyone. It is however a choice to improve and sustain a better and heathier quality of life. The guy on top of the mountain did not fall there...I am willing to make the climb!
justcuz
on 11/2/06 8:14 am - Maricopa, AZ
You can say that again!
CKoehlerGMa
on 11/2/06 10:57 am
Whooaaaa...Did someone give you a hard time? You sounded kinda angry in your post. You are right tho that this is a life changing surgery. It is not an easy thing to do and it is a permanent change, not a quick fix. Anyone who thinks differently should walk in our shoes for a week and see what it's like to not be able to eat most of your favorite foods any longer, and to go to functions where people all around you are endulging except you. If anyone thinks thats easy then they are wrong. I personally will never regret that I did what I needed to do to save my life. I also don't really care if anyone thinks this is the easy way out. I read posts the other day that Oprah was making comments like that on her show. All I can say to Oprah is: Get rid of your personal chefs and all of the people that do everything for you so you dont really have to plan your own life at all. Then you do what we do, plan our own meals, make our own food, drink those nasty proteins and stuff our face with viatmins without anyone to carry them around and remind us to do this and that. To go without personal assistants and chauffers and all of the people that make your life easy. When you can do all of that like a normal person, THEN you are OK to say this is the easy way out. Until you have walked a mile in our shoes no one can tell us what we do is easy. OK, I am ranting I know, but I know there is nothing easy about this. I refuse to let anyone tell me otherwise. The only opinion that matters to me is my own. I knew the risks going in and I know the permanent changes I must make post surgery. I hope your surgery is as big a success as mine. I hope you recover quickly and feel better then you can remember feeling. Remember one thing: It is YOUR body and nobody but you has the right to decide or comment on what you choose to do. Good Luck and keep in touch OK?
Most Active