APPROVED AND DATE SET

pwrightt
on 11/1/06 11:21 am - PHOENIX, AZ
YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE. I was finally approved and have a date set for the 27th of Dec. Angelia at DR.Juarez was wonderful. My insurance did not require it but Dr.Juarez wants a cardiac and pulmonary clearance. I'm not worried about the cardiac since I just hard an EKG that came out great but the pulmonary I am a little worried about. What is a pulmonary clearance and what test will I have to take. Is it the dreaded blood gas test? Oh well will do whatever it takes. My primary did find scar tissue on my lung when he did an xray. I hope this doesn't stop me. Anyone have a good pulmonary doctor? I have never being so happy. All the hard work to get approved and I got it.
vquigley
on 11/1/06 11:28 am - Phoenix, AZ
Congratulations, Pam! You'll be on the losing side in no time at all. I too had a pulmonary clearance and cardiac too. My pulmonologist is Dr. Jonathan Ruzi and he has offices at 40th St and Bell and also in Scottsdale. He is great and was very supportive of my decision to have gastric bypass. Good luck to you! Virginia
pwrightt
on 11/1/06 11:58 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Thank you Virginia. I am calling Dr. Ruzi tomorrow. He's approved by my insurance. I hope and pray I will pass this test. Is it the dreaded blood gas test?
alligatorpgr
on 11/1/06 12:08 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Congratulations Pam, way a great way to start the new. Best of luck to you in your surgery and recovery. Alli
justcuz
on 11/1/06 12:20 pm - Maricopa, AZ
I too just got a date set. It is exciting and scary at the same time. You wait and wait for the date and then boom it all hits you. I'm sure I'll be seeing you on line here, good luck! and Congrats!
pwrightt
on 11/1/06 12:25 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Tammy: When is your date and what hospital are you going too?
justcuz
on 11/2/06 7:56 am - Maricopa, AZ
My day is November 28th at Banner with Dr Fang. I'm just waiting now for them to set up my second set of tests. Looks like there are three of us around the same time.
horizontallychallenged
on 11/1/06 12:37 pm
CONGRATULATIONS!!! WOOOHOOOO!! You GOOOO Girl!! We will be loozrs together!! We be on the team, the losing team!! The hospital called me and said not to get anything done, they would do the respiratory and needed cardiac tests there prior to the surgery. I would recommend calling Banner before you schedule anything else just incase it's the same for you. They told me not to get any blood work, x-rays, upper GI, nothing, they would order it all to be done in one day and they scheduled me to come in prior to my surgery. I've had many, many "gas" pulmonary tests done in the last 5 years, I had 8 pulmonary embolisms at once and now the doctors make me get one every time I get a pain in my lungs. It isn't any big dea to me, they put a mask on you and tell you to breath deep, hold your breath, exhale, not anything bad smelling or tasting (at least mine never are). NOW, would you please post a picture on your blog site ? You can set it so only your "friends" can see them if you prefer or you can make them open to everyone.
Most Active