Anyone schedule for surgery in Dec/Dr Blackstone?

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/06 11:05 am - AZ
Hello I am new here and really like this site, I am curious if anyone that goes to Scottsdale bariatric is scheduled in Dec. I am going for bypass surgery on Dec. 22nd and couldn't be happier. I am sooooo ready for this change in my life. I got cardiac clearance, did the 6 mo Cigna required, did a sleep study ( yes I have apnea, and a large gall stone) So my gallbladder is coming out. So if you are schedule say hi to me!!! Take care, Erin
justcuz
on 11/2/06 8:09 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi Erin, I'm not with Dr Blackstone, but I'm having my surgery on Nov 28th at Banner Hospital with Dr Fang. So it looks like we will be around the same time. They asked if I wanted to wait till after Christmas and i said nope, not interestd in the Christmas feast stuff, I'd rather have the present of health instead.
pwrightt
on 11/2/06 11:53 am - PHOENIX, AZ
I'm having surgery on Dec. 27th but not with Dr.Blackstone. Doesn't matter. I'm just happy we all have a date.
(deactivated member)
on 11/2/06 12:09 pm - AZ
I am grateful for us having scheduled dates!!! It's been a long road for me. Did you guys have a hard time with the insurance thing? How are you both going to get through the holidays? X-mas not a big deal, it is my least favorite holiday. But I do have 2 kids so I have to make it a little festive for them. Anyways nice to meet you both!!! Erin :-)
Melissa P
on 11/3/06 3:54 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Erin, My friend Heather at work is having surgery with Dr. Blackstone on the 22nd of December. She said that she had one of the last scheduled surgery dates of the year. She is really worried about losing and keeping off the 10% of her body weight that they require with the holidays being so close. Best of luck to you on your surgery. Melissa
(deactivated member)
on 11/3/06 11:08 pm - AZ
Really, is she on this board? Maybe we'll see each other post op. Yeah I'm kinda worried about that too. I asked Noreen the surgery scheduler what if I can't take off the 12 lbs and she said she has never seen Dr. Blackstone cancel a surgery before. I just went to my primary doc yesterday and my thryroid count is high, so I retested, we'll see what happens. I guess I'll just starve myself to lose the weight. My appt with the surgon is Dec7, they weigh you then and at your surgery date how are you doing post op by the way... Me and your friend should connect because of our date.... Take care Erin
pwrightt
on 11/4/06 8:27 am - PHOENIX, AZ
HI Erin: The insurance was not hard it was me that made it so hard. I went from one doctor to the next to find the right one for me and who was covered by my insurance. Dr.Blackstone was not covered. Now I'm wondering what to do about the pulmonary and cardiac clearance. Some say wait the hospital (Good Sam) will run them before my surgery. Others say they went ahead and got the clearance before hand. So that's where I'm at right now. Have you finished all of your test?
Deanne K.
on 11/5/06 12:37 pm - Tucson, AZ
Christmas will not be a problem for you as you will not be eating much at that point. I had my surgery on Nov. 9, 2004 and didn't have any problem with the holidays. Being this far out now, it is more of a problem. I did not lose the 10% of the weight that Dr. Blackstone requires. She did not cancel my surgery. I actually gained weight. It is because she wants you to lose fat around your liver as it makes it easier for her to move it out of the way. The more fat that is on it the more chance of complication. Mine bled on her when she did my surgery. I am having a complication, and I hope that they will be able to take care of the problem. They originally told me it was not a surgical problem, but I had an EGD on Thursday and the gastroenterologist here in tucson said it was a problem of the surgery. I hope they take me seriously this time. Best of luck to you all.
mcarver22
on 11/6/06 3:54 pm - maricopa, AZ
hello im new here too. i know about the whole insurance thing i dont have cigna but do have united and had a hard time with them. my surgery is scheduled for nov 17 with dr. blackstone. so we are pretty close too. good luck with your surgery
Most Active