Surgery Scheduled & New Poster

justcuz
on 11/1/06 5:33 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hello everyone. I have been watching you for a couple of weeks now. I appreciate all of you that have been sharing your story so that folks like me can learn from you. I began this process several months ago and stumbled on to this website. It has been very informative. From the lows of foamies, hairloss, how sick people are from these shakes all the way to highs of buckling up in an airplane, sitting in a booth, and not having your stomach touch the steering wheel. I have loved it all. Now it is time for me to start talking and sharing. Yesterday I finally heard back from my insurance. I've never been excited to be told I was morbidly obese before, but to see those little words: "We are pleased to inform you that your request for coverage of morbid obesity surgery is available." Yeehaw! I'm scheduled for November 28th as of right now. Just waiting for the next set of tests and fun to begin. I'll try and check in regularly and start sharing my story as well. Thank you for sharing yours before me.
Sandi F
on 11/1/06 6:53 am - Tempe, AZ
Hi Tammy, I have also been watching everyone for the past couple of months and haven't posted much either and I am also very grateful to everyone for sharing their stories. I just read your profile and to be honest, I could write mine word for word with yours. Thanks for sharing your experience. It helps to know that someone else is going through the same thoughts and emotions. I am still playing the waiting game with my insurance but hope to hear soon. Congrats on your approval! Best of luck to you! Take care, Sandi
justcuz
on 11/1/06 11:18 am - Maricopa, AZ
Thank Sandi. It is wierd how much we all have in common. It is a shame that so many heavy people do not realize they are not alone. Even with out the surgery, they could go to sites like this to share how they feel.
HarleyGirl
on 11/1/06 8:25 am - Maricopa, AZ
Congratulations to you! As you can see I am in Maricopa too! If you need an ear for support just drop a line! Paula Open RNY 4/1/4 330-195
justcuz
on 11/1/06 11:13 am - Maricopa, AZ
Thank Paula. I'm noticing there are a few folks here in Maricopa on this site. For such a small town we sure have a lot in common.
vquigley
on 11/1/06 11:36 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Tammy, Welcome! There is much information to be learned on this site. When I had surgery I weighed 355, just the same that you are now (unless you have shed a few pounds). I had surgery July 31 and am now down about 60-65 pounds and feel 100% better than I did three months ago. I have found that it is a learning process each day but I am certainly relishing the loss of weight and the benefits that come from that loss (knees don't hurt, can fit in restaurant booths, don't have to request seatbelt extension on planes, etc.) Good luck to you on your journey! Virginia
justcuz
on 11/1/06 12:13 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Virginia, I've read several of your posts the past few weeks. Sounds like all is going well so far for you. That's great. I think my favorite thing is to read about how people are so excited to do things they haven't done in years. Especially since so many of the things are just little things smaller people take for granted. Keep losing and keep winning
Nicole W.
on 11/2/06 8:45 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Tammy, Welcome to the site... This place has been wonderful for me. I have learned so much information and have met some great people. People who I can call friends and I hope will be around for a very long time! Who is doing your surgery? Enjoy your Thanksgiving... you will definately be thankful for having the surgery! ~Nicole
justcuz
on 11/2/06 9:44 am - Maricopa, AZ
Thank you. My doc is Dr Fang. I will doing the surgery at Banner Good Sam. I never thought I'd be excited to be having this surgery so mentally I've come a long way.
Most Active