Sugery cancelled 4 days before due to abnormal EKG

juanita barela
on 10/26/06 7:22 pm - Fort Huachuca, AZ
I had my surgery scheduled for halloween i found out today my ekg came back abnormal so they re did it and same result. To my suprise my PCP said I had a past heartattack and had to refer me to a cardiologist. As you can imagine I was devastated that they cancelled my surgery and suprised that im only 34 and never had heart problems before to find out i had a heart attack. Do I have to worry that I can't have WLS because of this? Anyone with advice?
Darlene X
on 10/26/06 10:28 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Juanita, I know it must be very frustrating.... but wouldnt you rather they found this out now, than for you to go into surgey and have major complications because of a heart issue? In all likelyhood you will just need to run some additional tests to make sure your heart can handle the surgery... and you'll be postponed... I doubt at all they would cancel surgery... I know people who have had major heart issues that have had WLS. They are just making sure all bases are covered... Relax, you WILL be rescheduled, let's just make sure everything is ok before you go under. Darlene
Linda S.
on 11/1/06 2:15 am - PHOENIX, AZ
I know this is a two sided sword,but it is a blessing most of all. You will be in my prayers, Hugs
Most Active