Doing Better! 2 weeks out- 20lbs down!

Ayaunna
on 10/26/06 5:52 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Everyone, This is my first post since having the surgery. I'm glad to be back on the forum. I just wanted to say that I'm doing okay. I had a small bout of depression over not being able to eat. I was warned about this before but didn't think it would happen to me. I think I'm coming out of it though. I've only gotten sick once and I think it was because my bites were too big...turkey burger. I'm having a hard time with my multi-vitamin its the worst thing I've ever had in my life!! I bought a liquid vitamin but I can't take it anymore! Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe on chewables or ways you tolertated vitamins? PLEASE let me know!! Besides that I am feeling pretty good.
carolem
on 10/26/06 6:33 am - Austin , TX
Hi there! Great your already down 20 lbs!!!! The vitamins I'm already taking are made by Centrum and they are chewable, they have an okay taste, at least better than you would expect. Which procedure did you have? Are you off work or do you not work? I'm trying to get an idea how long I will be out. I can work some from home since most of what I do is on the computer and I can access our network from home. I'm not scheduled until 11/29 and I have another sleep study to do and probably one of those CPAP masks. Can't wait for that, kidding....so overall your doing great, keep up the good work. WE share the same doctor. Carole M
paulacohen
on 10/26/06 12:16 pm
Hi Carole, Re the CPAP mask - I was diagnosed w/sleep apnea in Aug, and once I got used to the blankety blank thing it REALLY helps w/sleeping. There is another forum for sleep apnea, I think it's www.sleepapnea.org (?) w/lots and lots of good info, kind of like this forum for WLS... Just an fyi, Paula who's going to Dr. Blackstone's info session on Nov 5 :)
Ayaunna
on 11/2/06 8:32 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Carole, I'm sorry it took me so long to reply. I am going to buy the Centrum chewables today and I HOPE that I can tolerate them. The vitamins are more diffcult than I thought they would be to stay on top of. I am a stay at home mom but I do think that 3 weeks min is what you'd have to take off. After the first week post-surgery you start to lose a lot of energy and tire fast. So, the longer you can take off the better. If you do a good job of staying on top of your vitamins then you might not be so bad. Hope I helped!! Ayaunna
CINABOBINA
on 10/26/06 7:23 am
Ayunna Dont beat yourself up ! water & protein are your bigger focus, It might be easier to get your vitamin down in a couple weeks when the swelling goes down. I waited untill I was 6 weeks out when I started taking them. Your off to a great start . Talk to Randy and see if he has any Idea's for you. I hear the wallgreens vitamin is small and easy to swallow. What did you think of your first meal ? I cant handle eggs to this day & I am 3 months out .
Ayaunna
on 11/12/06 2:42 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Jean, My first meal wasn't bad at all. It took about a week to kick in. I was eating eggs and meat fine till about 2 weeks ago and then I couldn't eat them without getting sick. I laid off both for a while and have just been eating yogurt, cheese and beans...yay. I ate a turkey hot dog yesterday and it went well so I'm hoping I can re-introduce some meat now. I think I'm starting to heal a little bit because getting in my water isn't such a struggle anymore either which I am really happy about. Talk to you soon!
Nicole W.
on 10/26/06 9:07 am - Cave Creek, AZ
One day at a time, Girlfriend! I bought the Centrum Chewables for my vitamins... got the Calcium Citrate chewables from Hi-Health and then got the sublingual B-Complex with B-12 from Target. Oh... how i am looking so foward to chewing those daily in 2 weeks! NOT!!! You are doing great! I am afraid of the pyschological affects too after surgery... the whole buyers remorse and everything... but I KNOW this is the right thing to do! Plus, after seeing you the day after your surgery and how great you looked, I knew even more to do it! Glad you are doing well... ~Nicole
KT300
on 10/26/06 10:20 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Hey Ayaunna, Was wondering how you were doing, glad to hear you're doing goood!!! I'm concerned about the depression too, am not as excited about the surgery as some, guess it's concerns for my family if something should happen. My date was pushed up to 11/3 from 11/8 with Dr. B. So have to really get it together. How was your stay in the hospital? Glad you're ok!! Katie
Ayaunna
on 11/12/06 2:39 am - Phoenix, AZ
HI Katie, How are you doing? I missed your surgery date so you should have already been in the hospital. Let us know how you are doing!!
AZdove
on 10/27/06 12:13 am - Tolleson, AZ
2 Weeks out and down 20 pounds! That sounds so incredible.:clap: My surgery is with Dr. Blackstone on Wednesday 11/22/06. I am concerned about how long I will be off work. Plus I am in my 50's so I am worried that I will not bounce back as quickly as the younger people who have WLS. It will not be due to my not trying. I will work as hard as possible to achieve the maximum benefit from this surgery. I have been morbidly obese for over 30 years now and my knees and ankles are counting down the hours until they will see the potential of relief from my impending substantial weight loss. I am excited and yet a little afraid I think about the upcoming weeks. Not only after surgery, but the dread that maybe something will cause the surgery to get postponed or cancelled. I guess I am looking at how wonderful this is going to be and not feeling as if anything this wonderful could really ever come to pass...I know it has for so many people that use this forum so I want to believe it is going to happen for me. Its just this is going to be so much better than Christmas and I haven't believed in Santa Claus for a very long time.:fairy:
Most Active