Has anyone experienced a horrible metallic taste in their mouth...

Lilee
on 10/25/06 2:56 am
I have had surgery about 4 weeks ago. Since then, I have developed a horrible metallic taste in my mouth. Has anyone else experienced this? It makes drinking water awful. Just kind of wondering if I was the only one. I see my Dr. this week so I will check with him.
Darlene X
on 10/25/06 9:26 am - Maricopa, AZ
I imagine your in ketosis because of your restricted diet at this point... and a metallic taste is a common side effect of ketosis. Your normal
CINABOBINA
on 10/26/06 2:48 am
It's because your in ketosis , It will go away in a few weeks , Try adding a slice of two of cucumber to your water. It changes the ph balance and will make it easier to drink .. Also you might want to try some jello water - just to help get your fluids in. What ever you do - DO NOT CHEW GUM !!! ya might swallow it !
Lilee
on 10/27/06 3:06 am
Thanks ya'll. It is so nice to have this forum to talk with everyone, cuz sometimes I feel like I am the odd ball out.
Ayaunna
on 11/12/06 2:50 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Char, I saw your post a while ago and I'm exactly one month out. A couple of days ago I started getting a bad taste too!! Its horrible!! I don't have it when I drink water but when I eat yogurt or drink protein drinks it makes it very unpleasant. I started brushing my teeth right before and after I have anything that gives me the bad taste... I hope this passes soon.
Most Active