Surgery 11/8-questions........

KT300
on 10/23/06 4:55 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I was wondering about cramps? Realize I won't be able to take ibuprofen anymore. ?? But I'll still get my period so.... Also, having trouble remembering not to drink with meals and will we ever be able to have caffeine again? I'm off it but really low energy now, almost sedated!! I checked out the complications forum and realized not a great thing to do pre-surgey now I'm wondering if I should do the lap band? I don't know, pre-op jitters I guess. Any suggestions??? Thanks sooooooooo much!! Katie :eyes
LisaBennen
on 10/24/06 12:10 am - CA
Dear Katie: Thanks for your reply to my message. I hope all goes well for you and your husband after your surgery. You have the right attitude and that goes a long way... As for cramps, I used to cut excedrin in two and it worked for me. There is a huge debate on soda and caffiene. I drink diet pepsi five years out and it hasn't bothered me, but that's just me. All the best, Lisa
CINABOBINA
on 10/24/06 12:19 am
Katie Yes you will be able to have cafeine again - just not for a while- its a diuretic and you dont need that right now. Cramps - dont worry ! there is liquid tylenol and if you really need something else - you can always get a script, your cramps may not be as bad as they use to ! Dr Blackstone did my surgery and I feel so much better - my worst pain is not as bad as it used to be .. Yes your having pre- surgery jitters - we all had them . You will do great - just talk to the staff at SBC - they are great !! RAndy has been really good at answering my questions - Even when I swallowed my gum - P.S. stop chewing gum !!
Melissa P
on 10/24/06 12:56 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hey Katie, You can have caffeine after your four months out on SBC's plan. I drink 8-12 oz of tea a day. I did miss it the first four months. But you will make it through with out it. I did. I am fine with tylenol for my cramps. I always have really bad cramping also. Like Jean said the cramping does get better with the weight loss. I would say that you definitly have the pre-op jitters and that is perfectly normal. Keep yourself busy and try not to over think things. Melissa
Nicole W.
on 10/24/06 7:31 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Katie, What are you fears of doing the bypass? The only thing that I would be concerned about your changing to lap-band will be insurance and that might cause a delay and possibly cancel your surgery date. But you would have to ask the office. After you attend the Pre-Op class hopefully some of your fears will decrease a bit, there is a very good relaxation part of it... that has helped me a few times so far. I took take Ibuprofen for my back... it sucks that I cannot take it for the time being... when I talked to my PCP, she said that I will eventually be able to take it again just not right away... it will probably be a few months. You gotta remember, this is the best decision for YOU!!! Call me if you want to talk... ~Nicole
KT300
on 10/26/06 10:29 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Thanks Ladies for helping with the questions. I did do the all day class yesterday and learned a lot, pretty much everything for now, but later.........I guess the only thing is carbonation and not drinking with meals that should be forever. I guess I'm hesitant because of my kids, if I didn't have them I wouldn't worry so much, but they're soooo little still, but I have been through 5 other surgeries and done fine. BUT, today had me a little rattled, they pushed my date closer from the 8th to the 3rd, soooooo, just have to get things done quicker!!! I guess the sooner I have it the sooner it will be over with right??? Thanks, Katie
Nicole W.
on 10/26/06 12:28 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
You'll be FINE! Quit stressing... you are stressing out for the both of us! You'll be going in just as I'm getting out!
Most Active