ulcers

sgirl
on 10/23/06 1:11 pm - tucson, AZ
did anyone develop ulcers after surgery? My doc. thinks that I now have an ulcer. Can anyone give me any input into this and how they deal with this. Thanks all. sally 214/156/114
JRinAZ
on 10/23/06 2:11 pm - Layton, UT
Fairly common Sally.....Nexium (little purple pill) and Karafate (sp?) is the best combination in the world! Nexium is pricey though and some insurances don't cover any of it at all. My doc said that the $12.00 OTC pills are just as good if taking in the a.m. on an empty stomach. IF you take it at night with food in your system then it's useless. Those ulcers can be sooooo painful! Good luck and take care! Joyce
sgirl
on 10/24/06 7:41 am - tucson, AZ
Thanks Joyce, I just talked to Emile (Dr. Fang's asst.), and he said to start Prilosec right away, so I took my first one this morning. They are really wonderful in that office, everytime I have a concern or question, someone always calls me right back. Question: Why does this happen after surgery. You would think that with all the stress and worries of being obese could give you an ulcer. Oh, by the way-today I got into a size 12 LEVI'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Most Active