5 years out...

LisaBennen
on 10/23/06 8:31 am - CA
Just wanted to let everyone know that long-term success is doable. Weight-wise, my life is everything I wanted. However, be careful what you wish for... I make a lot more money, get a lot more compliments and have more confidence. I am also divorced and sharing custody with my ex of my wonderful 11-year-old son. Being considered attractive after years of not, was difficult for both myself and my ex. He turned into someone I didn't like (look guys, what I have! Don't you wish you had it?) and I turned into someone I didn't like. I think that not enough emphasis is put into psychological counseling for after care. I am now remarried to a wonderful man. My life is more settled, my career is taking off. Still, I have regrets... But would I do it again if I had to...yes. Good luck and God Bless to all who are traveling this way.. Lisa
KT300
on 10/23/06 5:00 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Thanks for sharing Lisa. I often wonder what will happen to my marriage and kids. We are both overweight and often stressed out with the kids. I know I'll be trying a new career in the future but I hope I don't let the whole thing go to my head and hope that he comes with me for a healthier life for our family. My surgery is 11/8 and we'll see what happens! Katie
Most Active