:spin: Introducing myself again

mmackey
on 10/22/06 1:15 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi there everyone. My name is Michelle out of Tucson, AZ. I just wanted to introduce myself again since things have finally started in regards to RNY surgery and I need all the advice & support I can get, so I hope you all can be of assistance! I signed on back in June as a member and then disappeared for a while after a humiliating rejection from my PCM, so I apologize for feeling discouraged at the time. I'm very anxious because I had jumped through many loops with my former PCM, who could have cared less about referring me for RNY . So I finally fired her for being a cold, impersonal robot & requested a new PCM and "Walla!" I get my referral and approval within 48 hours of seeing my new PCM. I'm just stunned and still recovering! I have a seminar & consult to see Dr. Villares in Phoenix on 11/28 & 11/29. If anyone can explain the process with Dr. Villares from their point of view, it will give me an idea of what to expect and how everything "time wise" happens. Like how long from the time you have the 1st consult till actual surgery is the norm? Also if anyone out there on the Tucson Eastside who needs a walking buddy for support like I do, let me know. I'm in need of motivation to get my butt moving again even if it's a slow start. Michelle M. 263lbs/BMI 44 RNY consult 11/29 with Dr. Villares
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 10/22/06 4:53 am - Tucson, AZ
I live at Golf Links & Harrison. Am a new pre-op and walk some and do my stationary bike at home.
ldeihl
on 10/24/06 8:24 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi Michelle, First of all let me congratulate you on taking your health in your hands and standing up for yourself. I know how hard that can be. Time frames are all different with different insurances as is the difference in weight loss for everyone. We are all different but as long as you keep your head on and don't let anyone detour you, you should be fine. I too have Dr. Villares I think he is great. From the time I had my consult with him and then there was the psych evaluation of course, I could have had my surgery within a month, but I postponed it because I had family issues and work issues to deal with. I do know that his office is very quick to make sure all your paperwork is on track. Stay strong, Lupe D. 242/188/110 RNY 07/11/2006
mmackey
on 10/24/06 9:51 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi Lupe, Wow! Within one month of your consult you could have had surgery? That would work very well for me. My husband will be home the last 2 1/2 weeks of December before going overseas to Afghanistan, so I can only hope Dr. Villares has availability then. I had heard through the grapevine that Dr. Villares is very personable and has a very supportive staff as well. Thanks for the input! Michelle M. 263 lbs. RNY consult 11/29
Most Active