Help!! Need advise

msnd67
on 10/18/06 1:42 am - Gilbert, AZ
Well I went to have the endoscope on Monday, Dr. Fang wanted to see what my last Dr did to me, and he confirmed that I had a Vertical band and that I also had Barrett's Esophagus. He took a biopsy of that and I have an appt with Dr. Fang on Monday to go over the findings. He said that he wants to go in and clean up my last surgery and do the Roux-en-Y. I was just coming out of the anesthesia but I think he said something about the insurance may deny that? Does anyone have any info on Blue Cross Blue Shield and how they are to work with? Also has anyone heard of Barrett's esophagus?
Darlene X
on 10/18/06 4:42 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hey Sandi! I don't know anything about Barrets Esophagus, but found this online: http://www.sts.org/doc/4490 Who ever knows with insurance, but you have to try!!! It sounds like you got really messed up with your last surgery-- hopefully the will cover the revision because things aren't "right".... Just hang in there! I'd probably start by calling the insurance company... Darlene
Tiffany McGee
on 10/18/06 6:08 am - Glendale, AZ
Sorry to hear about your previous surgery. I had BCBS of NC. They approved me, but I had to fight it every step of the way. I got denied twice before they approved it. I had to write a letter of appeal as well. If you want to know what the requirement for BCBS is, you will need the website. Do a search for Gastric Bypass and then you should get the full list. I wish I still had my copy of BCBS of AZ info. I know I have the BCBS of NC info. Good Luck with the approval process! Take Care Tiff
Most Active