Weekend Warriors!

Tiffany McGee
on 10/17/06 5:54 am - Glendale, AZ
HI all - I just wanted to share a neat story from this past weekend. I finally cleaned out my closet on Saturday night. I donated 6 bags of clothes to a shelter. Took 1 bag of clothes to Twice As Nice (Got $38.00 for those), and took 1 bag of clothes to Other Mothers. Anyways before all of that happened... After I pulled all the "OMG Too Big" clothes out of my closet, I put them into the back of my van for delivery to multiple place after church on Sunday. So after church on a whim I took my guys to JC Penney. I tried on my newest size *be prepared for a WOW moment now* I"M DOWN 4 SIZES IN JEANS!!!! I picked up two size 18's. While at Penneys I met a 3 year Vet of WLS and told her about the clothes I had in my van. She was looking for a dress for a wedding and I happened to have a dress for a wedding in my van. I also let her look through all my bags (I was giving them away anyway) so she could take anything she wanted. O.k. you can call me nuts, but when she offered me money for the clothes I told her nope! I told her this is what "we" do for one another. Anyway, She had just recently had twins so she was trying to loose her baby weight and get back to her prebaby weight. I told her all about OH (she had never heard of OH), I told her about the support groups, and I told her about my WLS story (after I heard hers). She then tells me where she lives.... Come to find out she lives about 2 miles north of me. Her hubbands name is Mike, My hubby's name is Mike. It was too weird but kewl! Any way I wanted to share a wow moment and a kewl story. Thanks for listening...
sallyann
on 10/17/06 9:41 am - page, AZ
wow, thanks for sharing the story. I also feel very close to those who have had this surgery or who are preparing for it. Sounds like you are doing great. Overcoming some issues Keep up the great work tiff! Your friend, Sally
Tiffany McGee
on 10/18/06 6:00 am - Glendale, AZ
Sounds like you are doing well too Sweets. When are you going to post some new photos? I am definitely working on my silly issues. I'm going to have a clothing issue soon. Lack there of that is. hahahah. Thanks for being such a wondeful supporter Sally! YOu are a true friend! *HUGS* Tiff
JRinAZ
on 10/17/06 12:31 pm - Layton, UT
Ahhhh Tiff! You got to be an "instrument" for a Higher Power today. My guess is that you were the answer to someone's prayers! Bigggg Huggggzzz to you sweet friend for being at the right place at the right time with the right attitude! Joyce P.S. Congrats on your teeny weeny new sizes! Yay!
Tiffany McGee
on 10/18/06 6:03 am - Glendale, AZ
Thanks Joyce. I don't think I'm an instrument of any power, but I do try to do what I can to help. And I try to have a good attitude even when I'm feeling miserable. Thanks for being a positive influence for all of us! Without your sweet sunshine filled of positive posts, I don't know where I"d be! Take Care Joyce *HUGS* Tiff
vquigley
on 10/18/06 12:25 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Tiff, That is a great story. You never know who you're going to meet and whose life you're going to touch. Hopefully your friend will join us at our support group. I'm having some clothes issues myself. The two pair of slacks that I bought right before I went back to work (size 26 and a little snug) are now getting to be too big. I put on a blouse the other day, looked in the mirror and thought, wow, that is way too big for me. Unfortunately, I'm having the same issues--no clothes because they are all too big. But, that's okay, I can deal! Savers here I come. Hope to see you soon! Virginia
tweet-tweet
on 10/19/06 5:42 pm - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 03/17/14
Wow... 18s. Hearing someone talk about their pre-baby size made laugh. This morning I was thinking about my clothing size in relation to my pregnancies. I fit into my 22s this morning for the first time. (Pre baby #3). My next goal is to fit into my 18s, which is pre-twins. I never lost that post-twin weight, hope to get to those pounds real soon.
Most Active