HAVING SURGERY IN TWO WEEKS

jlmusbah
on 10/18/06 1:54 am - gilbert, AZ
Got a question; After surgery, how does the scars heal up on your tummy? Can you see them months out?. I will be having my surgery with Dr. Blackstone on Monday October 23rd. at 2:00pm. My husband just informed me he will not be there he has to work no way of getting off. So I have one best friend here in Arizona that will be there for me. My husband will be there after work. They said I will be there for 8 hours and then go home. My sibblings are all in Wisconsin. I am not telling my older son about it untill it's finished he is 21 and he is against the whole surgery thing. I am not going to deal with the pressure from him. He is a good kid but he thinks i should do it naturally. My younger son who is 17 is very much for me getting the surgery and so is the rest of my sister's and brother very happy about my decision. My older sister said if it works well on me she will be thinking about doing it next. Have a great day all and again thanks for all your encouragement.
MjN03
on 10/18/06 7:01 am - Chandler, AZ
Today is my 6 month anniv. of my laproscopic lap band w/ Dr. Debarro at St. Lukes. I am down about 50 Lbs and I can still see the little slit marks on my stomach from the laproscopic surgery. Although the marks are not significant, I could see how a woman would be more critical of them than a guy. On the other hand, having a couple small scars is nothing compared to being dead from the co-morbidities of obesity, right ? Cut in Doc, lets start life over ! Good luck, you'll be fine. I was terrified to the point that the nurses were getting concerned. All for nothing. My only tip, as I learned when I quit smoking too, YOU have WANT the change. If you want it, its not hard and it feels great !
carolem
on 10/18/06 7:58 am - Austin , TX
Hi again Jackie, Thanks for the response. Where is the support group in Chandler? Can't make it tonight tho, it's a long day at work for me and had to go all the way to Scottsdale to the primary care doc also. I'm getting tired of all the doctor appts. for this, only 1 more to go. That would be fun to meet at AJ"s at Dana Park, I love that store, we like to buy the scallops in there. I love the flowers as well. We should set a date after you have your surgery when you think you might be up to that. Email me after your surgery, I'm sure you'll do just fine. Let me know if you need anything, I go right through most of Gilbert on my way to work in Chandler. I live off Chandler Heights and Higley! Talk to you soon, and again good luck, we'll be thinking of you. Your friend, Carole
jlmusbah
on 10/19/06 2:55 am - gilbert, AZ
Hi carole, I will write you after I have my surgery. Oh my Gosh!! it's this Monday.. I can't believe it. I am thinking about going to eat some good foods I realy want. Pizza and a chocholate eclare. How bad am I. I have been blowing in my breather to help with the lungs and i have been taking my dog for a 30 minute walk twice a day to get my heart ready for this surgery. I am so very much looking forward to my new life. Carole I will get back to you about when we can meet at Danna Park. Aj's. I would love that i love sitting outside there it is so pretty. your new friend Jackie in Gilbert.
carolem
on 10/19/06 3:36 am - Austin , TX
Hi again! I had to write you again because I laughed when you said you were going to eat some food you really wanted! I thought maybe my husband and I were the strange ones thinking that way. We've all of a sudden had ice cream cravings, and I think as I'm eating it that I must give all this fun up. I know logically that losing this excess weight is worth it, but I have to admit, that ice cream tastes awfully good! The new us is going to be worth whatever it takes to get there. Remember your relaxation therapy for Monday, they say if you go in relaxed there will be less pain after surgery. That just shows you the power of our minds and the control we have to do whatever we need to. I'm so jealous your that much ahead of my surgery date Take care, I'll be thinking about you on Monday, I'm glad to hear you have your friend with you. You will be just fine. Your friend, Carole
soon2bnewme
on 10/19/06 3:50 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi Carole, I had lap surgery on August 14th, 2006. I think you and I live so close to each other. I live near Gilbert Rd. and Chandler Heights. Good luck on your surgery if you have any questions maybe I can help or we can swap stories. It's nice to have people in similar situations to talk to. Renee'
carolem
on 10/19/06 4:06 am - Austin , TX
Hi Renee' I must have gone right by where you live this morning going into Chandler where I work. I went Chandler Heights because the 202 has been so crazy in the early am. What has been the most difficult for you to get use to since surgery? Your eating real food now, how's it going? You'll have to join Jackie and I when we meet at AJ's at Dana Park after her surgery and before mine, I'm getting nervous. My husband just called me to say he needs to get all his lab work done prior to his meeting with Dr. Blackstone on Monday, they want the results then when they meet. I'll say one thing, this surgery has forced us to have a complete physical, something we usually avoid! They haven't missed a thing! Thank you for the response, I'm beginning to not feel so alone doing this. The people I work with (I work for a mortgage co. in Chandler) are all pretty slim and very into health. I have one good friend that is so thin, walks every am, eats nothing but salads at lunch, and I wonder why she's a size 6....she's be a good influence. Guess that means no more Cheesecake Factory for lunch! I'll never be a size 6, I'll be happy with a 12, it's going to take about 100 lbs to get there. What is your goal? Talk to you soon. Carole
Most Active