Need information about support groups in the Phoenix/Glendale area

Impress
on 10/16/06 8:31 am - Irvine, CA
Hi. I'm interested in getting information for a friend in the Phoenix area who is too shy to post here. Can anyone tell me about WLS support groups--either with a psychologist/psychiatrist or just impromptu gatherings? My friend could really benefit from any kind of support groups. Here in California, for example, there are groups who just meet periodically at a Starbucks with their before and after pics and share information and suggestions with each other. Is there something like that in Phoenix or Glendale? Thanks in advance for whatever information you can provide.
Darlene X
on 10/17/06 12:34 am - Maricopa, AZ
Mamma Ti has a Phoenix support group that meets... I think its the 1st & 3rd saturdays but hopefully she will chime in and give you the info.... We go to the Chandler Support group, and depending on where she lives, it's probably too far away... Who was her surgeon?
MARY OTU
on 10/17/06 8:45 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Where does your friend live? I go to Scottsdale bariatric on Shea and the 101 freeway. I would be happy to take her with me if she could meet me in my central Phx area. The groups are the 1st Monday and 3rd Wednesday of every month. Mary Otu
vquigley
on 10/17/06 12:30 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, There is a support group that meets at Banner Estrella Hospital in the Community Center, 91st Avenue and Thomas, the 2nd and 4th Saturdays at 10:00 a.m. The next meeting is Saturday, October 28. Everyone is welcome to attend. Looking forward to meeting your friend, Virginia
tweet-tweet
on 10/19/06 5:33 pm - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 03/17/14
There is also one at Good Samaritan hospital in Phoenix. I think those meetings are Tuesday nights.
pharrington
on 10/20/06 8:40 am - Wittmann, AZ
Hi Virginia, Did the meetings change? I thought the next meeting was tomorrow. I had to miss the last meeting. Did they change it to the 2nd and 4th Saturdays instead of the 1st and 3rd Saturdays? Please e-mail me at [email protected] to let me know. Thanks.
Most Active