Workout goals?

JRinAZ
on 10/14/06 4:04 pm - Layton, UT
I'm starting on my list of places to hike for this year by going to Karchner Caverns this coming week. I'm going to start walking for 30 minutes during lunch now that the weather is cooling and I'm going to hit the gym twice a week for a big 2 hour workout with a class, treadmill and some weight lifting. Workout Fantasy~~~ Ziplines in Costa Rica, riding horses on the beaches of Southern California and hiking into and out of Havasupai Falls. What are YOUR goals????? I love hearing what others are up to!!! Huggggzzz, Joyce
Arizona_Sun
on 10/15/06 1:07 am - Gilbert, AZ
Hi Joyce - I am acutally doing my recumbent bike more days than not, working on 5 or 6 a week for 1/2 hour minimum. Progress in baby steps. Sandy
kmastin
on 10/15/06 4:52 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Joyce, We have similar workout goals. I did the zip line last summer in Costa Rica - it was fantastic! Want to hike Havasupai Falls but can't find others to do it with me. Got lost on Young's trail in Sedona, so need to be with someone with a sense of direction when I'm in open territory! I to have decided to increase my workout walks since the beautiful weather has returned. But first, leaving for Rome this Saturday to see my son who is stationed in Afghanistan and has 2 weeks R and R! Hope to do lots of walking those two weeks. I find I am snacking on crackers more than I should, and knowing I shouldn't isn't making me stop! I need help there. Getting reconstructive breast surgery in Dec., and I don't want to gain weight. I really do want to maintain, but am struggling with crackers. I wonder if it's the crunch I miss so much? Protein is still good, but crunchless! Any suggestions?
JRinAZ
on 10/15/06 6:05 am - Layton, UT
Karen, Please give your son some big ol hugggzzz with a big pinch of grattitude from all of us for what he is doing in our behalf!!!! Enjoy your walks with your son in Rome! Wow!!! Your "already done it" list is going to be amazing! ..... I want to be in your hiking circle! As for those darn crackers......If you are trying o do a truly honest low carb lifestlye then many folks try and replace that salty crunch with some flavored pork rinds. These are just for those who are in the ketosis losing trend though; otherwise they're just something with calories! ......My hubby and I like to buy the packages of turkey pepperoni and then we nuke the heck out of them for very tastey, spicey protein chips. ..... And, if you're not trying to limit your cheese too much, you can do the same thing with grated cheese. We just sprinkle a little palm size pile on a small paper plate and then nuke it for like a minute and a half. It makes a crunch cheese crisp. ..... Also (Oh my gosh, I'm on overdrive with thoughts! Watch out!)....at Trader Joe's you can buy Soy crisps flavored in 2 or 3 choices, soy chips, etc. But....always count the calories and/or the carbs. I often have a tsp of crunchy peanut butter on a small piece of celery...but, my DH can't handle the stringly celery so you may want to be careful if you try that one. Anyway....be creative with your thought process and perhaps consider leaving the next box of crackers at the grocery store! I know if I bring a "trigger food" home to visit then it settles permanenly on my fat tummy!!!! Soooo....be sure and give us a Rome update when you get back! Huggggzzz and healthy walking to you, Joyce
Sandy in Tucson
on 10/15/06 11:06 am - Tucson, AZ
We went to Saguaro Nat'l Park (my live in b/f of 5 years).......and hiked to bridal wreath falls....1000 ft elevation gain.........6 long miles of very rocky terrain. It was lovely out today for a long hike. We bought a one burner pocket rocket......cooked tamatoe (sp?) soup at the falls. Yum!! Having a hot lunch when I hike is so exciting......I love to have a hot cup of coffee on the trail, too. Pocket rocket was $40.00 at sportsman wherehouse......fuel is like $5.00 a can. There is more expensive back packing stoves available...but the pocket rocket... is just great. Sandy
JRinAZ
on 10/15/06 11:23 am - Layton, UT
That sounds lovely Sandy! I LOVE hiking to waterfalls! Was it a big one? Clear one? Trickle of watter or lots of water? Details!!!! It sounds like a rough hike and who would have ever "thunk" that tomato soup could feel like a satisfying reward!!!! Hugggzzzz to you! Joyce
Sandy in Tucson
on 10/15/06 11:12 am - Tucson, AZ
I refuse to join a gym and sign a contract. All my hiking equipment....2 sets of poles ($250)....2 prs of hiking shoes/trail running shoes ($250)....2 camelback--hydration systems ($150)---2 sun hats ($80) and hiking socks ($25.00-$50.00) add up less than a gym membership for b/f and I for a year. And I get to keep the equipment!!!! I hate contracts and I hate gyms. I hike 3-4 times per month. B/f was not to keen on hiking 11 months ago...now he is the one pressing me to go. Unbelieveable! In my profile there is pics of us hiking.....Sandy
Most Active