What gym do you go to?

tweet-tweet
on 10/13/06 9:23 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 03/17/14
Hi. I used to go to Naturally Women, and really liked it there, espcially since they had the Naturally Kids area. However, they closed down last year, and I'm looking for a new gym. Do any of you go to one that you like? I went into a co-ed gym a little while ago and felt so.... FAT. I ended up just turning around without even going in. So, do any of you go to one that you like, and is fat friendly?
K B (Tucson)
on 10/13/06 10:45 am - Tucson, AZ
I hired a personal trainer and train at thier gym and love the atmosphere. Everyone there is there to work out and not to "hook up". There are all sizes and ages of clients who use the gym too. I live in Tucson, but there will be tons of personal training gyms in the Phx area to chose from. I hear that many ladies like the atmosphere at Curves. They are a chain and for women only, I think the gym routine is about 45 min. long and a bit light weight. A lot of women on the LapBand forum feel they are treated well at Curves and like the workout.
Arizona_Sun
on 10/15/06 1:09 am - Gilbert, AZ
Fitness Works is nice and they have a day care area. I like it that most of the people look like ordinary people, few body beautifuls. Sandy
Sandi F
on 10/15/06 5:15 am - Tempe, AZ
One of the Naturally Women locations (40th St. and Thunderbird Rd.) turned into The Club for Women. It is the same type of atmosphere plus they renovated the place. I believe a couple of the former Naturally Women employees bought the location and started the new gym. I don't live in that area anymore so I am no longer a member but when I was I liked it and thought it was even a little better than NW. They have a website at www.theclubforwomen.com. They do month-to-month contracts rather than long term to avoid the situation that members of NW went through with losing out on $. Take care, Sandi
CINABOBINA
on 10/16/06 12:01 am
Tweet I got a fantastic deal at L.A.Fitness ,, 39.00 to join and 25$ per month - no contract ! Plus I dont start paying till Jan2007, since the new gym wont open till then. & I can use any LAF gym in AZ. Not too bad since there is one a mile down the road. I am the biggest person there but I dont care about what others think - I am going for me ! The trainers have been pretty good - They just are not used to dealing with G.B patients - So they are learning right along side with me. I feel a lot better and see some muscle emerging from the fat ...
JRinAZ
on 10/16/06 2:03 am - Layton, UT
Jeana! You rock! Love your attitude! ......Those folks will be hiring you as their workout poster girl before you know it! They'll all be like...."see what exercise can do for you too!" Big Healthy Hugggzzz to you! Joyce
Most Active