Size 4

Nicole W.
on 10/13/06 3:08 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I met with Dr. Blackstone yesterday for my pre-op visit... I am very impressed with her. She was so informative and kind. I am really happy! My mom had some real concerns about anesthesia and recovery and she really calmed my mom down. Dr. Blackstone told her that I will be fine... when we questioned if I will have Laparoscopic or Open surgery (she only did 5 last year), she took a look at my belly and she was feeling around my ribs. She said... "Wow"... I was like what? She wanted to see my hands! She said, you are a small girl! I said "get out!" My hands were a good 3/4" smaller than hers... she goes, "when you are done with all this, you'll be a size 4!" "You have a small frame and small insides... this is going to be fun to see your transformation!" I bursted out laughing and so did my mom... for years I thought I had my faternal grandmother's frame, she was a large, tall woman and little known I have the frame of a my 5'2" mom who is small boned!! I set a goal for myself of a Size 12... and I am sticking with the Size 12 goal for the time being. But the size 4 thing cracked me up all night! Also, I do not need my gallbladder taken out... she explained to my why some people have it removed and why others do not need it removed. Some good information!
CINABOBINA
on 10/13/06 5:21 am
Nicole Dr B is awesome ! I had my surgery done by her and could not ask for a better doctor. glad to hear your Mom is doing a bit better about the surgery, meeting the doctor must have helped a lot, Your in great hands .. really you are .. I had some complications but Doc was on top of them and here I am today 75lbs lighter than I was 90 days ago.
lemarie22
on 10/13/06 10:04 am - Glendale, AZ
Nicole, I know EXACTLY how you feel. When Dr B was doing my preop exam, she said, "I might have a little trouble manuevering in there because you have a tiny ribcage." HUH!?!?! I asked her to repeat it and she spoke to me in a foreign language. "You're petite." "Have you seen my ass?" I asked her. She just laughed and told me I was small boned. I never made it to the 125 pounds that she predicted, but I did make it to a size 8 which was much smaller than I thought I'd get to. Connie
Nicole W.
on 10/13/06 4:07 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I pretty much said the same thing... "Have you seen my butt?" We had a great laugh thats for sure. I think when I was 8 years old I was a size 4! Like I said, I will be happy with Size 12... a bit more realistic for me!
K B (Tucson)
on 10/13/06 10:47 am - Tucson, AZ
Wow, size 4! I have only 14-25 lb before I am "normal" weight and I am a size 12 now. I don't think i am going to get much smaller than this and am happy to be where i am at. A size 4! Wow again! Just proves that my roots are very old world peasant!
melodieangela
on 10/14/06 1:08 am - phoenix, AZ
WOW Nicole!!!! I cant wait to see you a size 4!!! Dana had her gall bladder removed shortly after her surgery. So doing yours with surgery sounds better. Come down and see us. We have the class coming out Tuesday, we are off on Monday. Nicole I am soooo darn excited for you. Mel
KT300
on 10/16/06 4:51 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Hey Nicole, That's awesome!! Not sure she'll say the same for me next week!! But the main thing is that you liked her which is good. I think this whole thing is gonna be a trip! Gave up caffeine last week, really wiped out but it's worth it. See you Wed. I hope! Katie
carolem
on 10/17/06 8:21 am - Austin , TX
Hi Nicole, I had to laugh when I read what Dr. Blackstone said to you about being small. I think that is so great. My husband and I are having surgery next month and she's our surgeon. We haven't had our pre-op yet, but my husbands is next Monday and mine is 11/16 since my surgery is 11/29. I'm a little nervous about the surgery as we all have some sort of condition that could complicate things a little. But knowing that also confirms the necessity to have it as well. So you are very soon about to have the surgery, you'll be about a month ahead of me, and 2 weeks ahead of my husband. We will have to keep in touch and maybe get together when you feel better after surgery. I hate to suggest a lunch because it won't be worth doing for at least a month! Maybe a get together for some herbal tea, decafinated of course! Good luck Nicole, tell me how everything is going. You will need a completely new wardrobe miss size 4! I don't think I was a size 4 as a baby! Carole
Most Active