DR. VISIT TODAY

sgirl
on 10/13/06 11:41 am - tucson, AZ
Ok, all went very well on my doc visit today. We went over all the lab work and stuff. She said that if my next tests (a1c) comes back normal again, that she strongly feels that I am rid of diabetes. One small (not so small to me) problem. My hair is falling out by the hand fulls. It really is looking horrible. The doc said that she sees two seperate patterns going on. One is from the surgery and one seems to be hereditary. But how can that be when we all have thick hair. So any ways. Just need some encouragement for this today. She said none of this makes sense because all my levels are excellent. She said she has never had a patient where everything looks perfect across the board. So help me with anything you have to say please. Sally
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/14/06 9:07 am - Prescott, AZ
Get Nioxin shampoo. It's terrific for this problem. I got mine in the beauty shop at the local Wal-Mart. Beauty supply stores carry it. It's about $16 a bottle. Also, don't skip your vitamin regimen. For awhile I got a bob cut from the hairdresser. It was easy to keep up and I didn't have to roll it or do anything else that would stimulate hair falling out. Sheryl 320/185/160 OCT. 28TH, 2005
sgirl
on 10/15/06 1:07 pm - tucson, AZ
thank you Sheryl, I have been using Nioxin for 3 months now and not one sign of slowing down the hair loss. I think that I am going to have to look into getting a wig soon. I hear that they make beautiful human hair ones. Thank you for the advice. sally
chrisaf
on 10/17/06 1:50 pm - Kingman, AZ
Hello, Was your hair thick before the procedure? Just wondering. I have a lot of hair and its very long and I am scheduled for surgery on Nov 6th. I am not apposed to losing some but I was just wondering what you started with. My daughter and I are also going to get our hair cut and give it to locks of love for children with cancer to have real hair wigs. I was kind of debating if we should do it before the surgery or after. Maybe we will do it before just in case. Thanks Christine
sgirl
on 10/18/06 12:05 pm - tucson, AZ
Hi Christine, my hair was very thick. It was so thick that when I would go and have it done at the salon, the stylist would always spend a little extra time on my hair. I also was not apposed to having the hair loss, however it is so bad now that you can actually see through my hair. I have trimmed it like I was told would help. But, it looks worse, now you can see through my hair more. I think that it is commendable that you and your daughter will do that, who knows maybe you are benifitting some of us WLS patients without even knowing it. I am looking into getting a human hair wig, but I don't realy know of any place around here that has human hair wigs. If you do, could you throw that information my way. Thanks, and I hope that this helps. sally 214/162/114
Most Active