Time to weed the closet....

Tiffany McGee
on 10/8/06 7:09 am - Glendale, AZ
Why is this a hard step. I should be happy to remove all those clothes that are too big for me.... I've been telling myself for the past two weeks I need to do it... so WHY CAN"T I DO IT....? Theory one: I'm cheap and refuse to give away/toss clothes that are not tattered and on their last leg (pun intended)... Theory two: I'm afraid my side of the closet will be come smaller than my husbands and I'll have to give up the big side in defeat... Theory three: I'm scared to death to toss out the "oh my gosh, way to big" clothes because I haven't gotten it through my head that I won't be back in them. Let me know what you think! Have a great week all! Tiff PS I NEED HO****ER! My ho****er tank died on Saturday so I've had cold showers the last two days... and tomorrow will be the same until the Plummber comes out!!! ACK!
vquigley
on 10/8/06 3:28 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Tiff, I'm having some of the same issues. I actually did go through my closet a couple of weeks ago and have a pile to get rid of. I think some of my reasoning is "it feels good to wear something that is soooo big (as opposed to growing out of)." Plus, what am I going to wear in the meantime??? The slacks that I bought a month ago that were a little snug are now getting to be too big. And I really do hate to go shopping. I'm hoping that will change as I get smaller. Congrats on your journey though. I can't wait to see you again. Virginia P.S. It's no fun taking cold showers!
Tiffany McGee
on 10/9/06 3:25 am - Glendale, AZ
I really am afraid I'm not going to loose anymore weight, or regain it all. I guess that is what I'm so use to. Congrats to you as well. How are you feeling/doing? Take Care Virginia! Tiff
CKoehlerGMa
on 10/9/06 12:31 pm
Hi Virginia..... I tell ya, I was having the same *what will I wear* issues and what I am doing i****ting up the thrift stores on the weekend. Goodwill in my area is 50% off everything every other weekend. I also hit Savers for the color tag/half off sale. My theory is that when they are too big for me then I dont mind getting rid of them since I didnt have to pay much to begin with. I decided to wait on clothes until I am at my target weight then go splurge. Have a GREAT day....Claudette
CKoehlerGMa
on 10/9/06 12:21 pm
Hi Tiff I have to say that this step was so easy for me. I was SO happy to be rid of those clothes. The clothes were one thing that I hated the most pre surgery. I am just so motivated to really lose it and keep it off that I use the clothes as an motivator....You cant gain weight cuz you dont have any old clothes that fit....If you have problems you can always give them to a good home, like a battered womens shelter. Then you can feel good about helping someone who might really need it. Good Luck !!! Claudette
Tiffany McGee
on 10/11/06 6:16 am - Glendale, AZ
I'm going to NY in November, so maybe I'll use that as a motivater to get some jeans before I go. If I take the clothes to Twice as Nice or Other Mothers I can get a store credit, so I may do that. Thanks! Tiff
Brandy H
on 10/11/06 3:54 am - Glendale, AZ
hi tiff! go through that closet!! take out everything that is too big. bag it. go to "other mothers", "twice as nice", or another resale store of your choice. take the credit that they offer for the stuff that they want and buy yourself some new stuff. that is what i did for the last year and i found some great stuff...and didn't have to spend a fortune on new clothes. and you won't need those bigger clothes you won't regain that weight that you have tried so hard to get off. have faith in yourself! brandy
Tiffany McGee
on 10/11/06 6:15 am - Glendale, AZ
Hey Brandi! Thanks for the encouragement. I know I just need to do it. I am just so worried. But I will have to buck up and get it done or else! Plus my hubby is going to help me by telling me how sex I look in certain things and how baggy other things are. Take Care! Tiff
Most Active