My anniversary month

Sheryl Tilley
on 10/8/06 6:22 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi everybody! I have spent so much time in reflection of the past year. The changes have been spectacular. (See profile and photobucket link.) At times gratitutde has overwhelmed me. God has led me this far and will lead me on. My surgeon performed a lifesaving surgery on me, my online friends have been there every step of the way to encourage me, and I've made lifetime friends with many. Mentally I still feel inadequate - like everybody is better than me, everyone else is pretty and I'm not, etc. I still have a lot of work ahead with these issues. My head is still catching up with my body but seems to have hit a speed limit zone, so to speak. As much as I wish to forget I was ever fat, I can't bear to think I would ever leave this board. I want to encourage the ones now coming through. So of course, I'm staying and posting. You're stuck with me -- hahahahahha! Thanks so much for being there now and in the future. hugs! Sheryl 320/185/160 Oct. 28th, 2005
lemarie22
on 10/8/06 6:42 am - Glendale, AZ
Sheryl, I remember when you first started coming to this board. You've come a long way baby and you deserve it. You've done really, really well. I'm two and a half years out and only recently have I started to catch my refelction and not be surprised that I don't weigh 286 pounds. Maybe I'm not normal, but I don't want to ever forget that I was fat. Food was my drug of choice and being fat probably saved me from drug or alcohol addictions in my youth. I gave up my protective layer of fat and traded it in for sagging skin and wrinkles. It wasn't pretty, but I traded up. Now I've traded in the sagging skin and wrinkles for scars and I'm happy to have those scars. They remind me of where I've been and how easy it would be to go back if I'm not diligent. I'm not "normal". I won't ever be normal. Just like a diabetic can't forget that they're diabetic, I can't forget that there's still a fat girl living in here. I have to watch what I eat, I have to be more mindful of exercize and nutrients than most people. I'm still a fat girl and always will be. Glad you're sticking around. It takes a village to raise a fat girl. Hugs, Connie
JRinAZ
on 10/8/06 7:03 am - Layton, UT
Connie! Why haven't you written a book????? Will you come and speak at a Chandler Supp;ort Group meeting sometime??? Seriously!!! Big Hugggz your skinny direction! Joyce
lemarie22
on 10/8/06 7:44 am - Glendale, AZ
Joyce, I think the bariatric surgeons in Arizona would get together and put a contract out on me if I tried to speak in public, my own included. I drink through straws, am sitting here with a 32 ounce glass of fully-leaded iced coffee as I type and don't drink protein shakes. I will take my life in my hands and speak if you want me to though. See how dedicated I am to the cause? I have tried to make it to the support group a couple of times. Printed out the instructions on Mapquest and even put it on my work calendar, but the folks at work think that a personal life is optional for me and put together an evil conspiracy to keep me at work late. When's the next meeting? I'll try to fight the evil forces of darkness and make it. Hugs back, Connie
JRinAZ
on 10/8/06 2:55 pm - Layton, UT
Connie....Crazy lady!!!! ... I totally understand about work taking over your life! It seems like a lot of that kind of stuff is going around! .......There is actually a support mtg this coming Tuesday but my hubby will be running it (handsome man!) cuz I'll be facilitating Dr. Simpson's support group on the other side of town!!!! .......The Chandler group totally rocks but I work for Dr. Simpson and since he's out of town then I get to spend an evening with his patients! They are awesome too! Sooo....that was the long way of saying that we'll coordinate another meeting for you to speak at (I'll be sure and have body guards available for your protection! LOL!).......I'll shoot you a private e-mail when I get a minute to organize the next few weeks! Soooo......maybe your book could include a chapter on the "things I should have done"!!!!! Just kidding sweetie pie! You obviously are finding the right plan for YOU! Huggggz, Joyce
JRinAZ
on 10/8/06 7:06 am - Layton, UT
Congratulations to you Sheryl! (that would be yummy protein drink!) You are truly one of the best cheerleaders that this support board has!!! Skinny wishes to you for an even better second year! Happy Dancin Huggggz your way! Joyce
devotchka
on 10/10/06 10:19 am - tucson, AZ
Hi Sheryl, I'm so glad you're doing so well ! I remember when you had your surgery-like it was yesterday! This board is awesome and has been such a help on my journey. please do stick around and we can support each other!!!-Emmy
Most Active