Need a new PCP

alligatorpgr
on 10/5/06 5:51 am - PHOENIX, AZ
I need to find a new PCP, one that is up to date on the latest advances in Obesity Management, and that doesn't look down on someone who is overweight like me. My current PCP is a nice guy, but doesn't support my decision to have surgery, and that's not what I need. He doesn't think I'm making the right choice, and wants me to wait at least 6 months to see how I feel then. Sure, I could wait, and be 20 lbs heavier.....I know this is the right decision for me, and am very happy with SBC, so I just need to find a really good PCP, that will support me after the surgery....Suggestions anyone???? Alli
tweet-tweet
on 10/5/06 10:11 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 03/17/14
Where in town do you live? My PCP is at Thomas and 4th Ave. Since I had surgery, she clearly supports it!
SpicyBrn1
on 10/5/06 6:03 pm
Dr Thomas Sutton in Gilbert. He could move to Ohio and I would fly there for doctor's visits LOL
alligatorpgr
on 10/6/06 2:15 am - PHOENIX, AZ
I live in N. Phx, but am willing to travel to just about anywhere for a good Dr.
Sandi F
on 10/6/06 5:08 am - Tempe, AZ
Hi Alli, I just started seeing Dr. Kim Lucas in Tempe. She is excellent! She is very bariatric-friendly. I think she works a lot with Dr. Blackstone's patients. I am going through Banner Bariatric but Dr. Lucas will be my PCP. I got her name from another member on this website. She is located on Baseline just west of the 101. I may be a bit of a drive for you but mostly freeway. Her number is 480-775-4110. If you choose her to be your PCP, prepare to have a fairly long wait in the waiting room because she is willing to spend time with her patients. I think the wait is worth it though since I was used to Dr.'s who spent 5 min. with me and then rushed me out the door. Hope this helps. Take care, Sandi
alligatorpgr
on 10/6/06 6:18 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Sandi, thanks so much for the info. I checked and Dr. Lucas is on my insurance, and although it would be a drive for me, it's not a huge concern. Good luck and your surgery journey and thanks again for the info Alli
Nicole W.
on 10/6/06 10:55 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Alli, Dr. Connie Abarikwu at Paradise Valley Family Care. 602-482-6100 She is located over on 40th Street and Bell Rd, next to PV Hospital. She is really a great woman! I referred Linda S. to her also and she got approved! Dr. Abarikwu did everything in her power to get me approved and has been a great support to me. I highly recommend her. I think the office takes most insurances. Good Luck! Nicole
Linda S.
on 10/7/06 4:19 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Yes! She is a wonderful doctor, with a good supportive staff. I LOVE this doctor!
alligatorpgr
on 10/6/06 6:49 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Joann, thx for the info. I see a Dr. Sutton on Southern in Mesa on my insurance plan, but not one in Gilbert.....Not sure if it's the same Dr. or not............
tweet-tweet
on 10/7/06 1:41 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 03/17/14
I see Michelle Park at 4th & Thomas in central Phoenix.
Most Active