Dr Fangs Patients

Linda S.
on 10/2/06 7:28 am - PHOENIX, AZ
I am sorry looks like I did not post in Arizona but to main board...so here is my questions again.Just wanna make my doc in particular does this or if I need to start whining. I need tp know if Dr. Fang used a binder on any of youse. Most of my weight is in my stomach, and I have read about some doctors giving binders so you don't feel like your stomach/belly is falling out. Also, does anyone know about how one would purchase such an item. Thanks
JRinAZ
on 10/2/06 8:28 am - Layton, UT
Hey Linda, I jsut had an abdominoplasty and had to have binders. The hospital/ doc provided 2 of them and then I ordered one of the net. Just Google "plastic surgery binders" and you'll get oodles of sites. They are pricey though......expect to pay over $50.00. I've never heard of anyone coming out of St Luke's with a binder unless they had a large hernia repair but maybe things have chagned. It wouldn't hurt for you to wear one though if you want the extra support. Good luck with all! Joyce who still wears her binder at night & 2 months post-op from plastics!
Linda S.
on 10/4/06 4:35 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Thanks Joyce, I can really picture a binder helping. Is yours firm, or so loose it will "slide" as Ginny said? I would think it needs to be firmly in place to help.
JRinAZ
on 10/4/06 11:54 am - Layton, UT
Hey LInda, I'd suggest just hanging on before spending tons of money on a binder. How bout asking Dr. Fang "before" the surgery? .......Binders are usually about half as big as we are and require weight lifters to pull the suckers around us! My hubby swears he had the best upper body workout in the world trying to get my binders on me post surgery! LOL! We did a lot of laughing! Soooooo....nope, mine never did any slipping......I was barely able to breathe! Hugggggzzzzz to you! Joyce
Darlene X
on 10/2/06 8:48 am - Maricopa, AZ
Both Hubby & I had Dr Fang--- No binders. Hubby was 520lbs, and all belly.... he didnt need a binder.
Sandy in Tucson
on 10/2/06 10:37 pm - Tucson, AZ
I had no binder and was 350 lbs aand 54 yrs old at surgery. Sandy
tweet-tweet
on 10/3/06 12:37 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 03/17/14
I think part of it depends on if you are having your surgery as open or laproscopic. Dr. Fang did my lap-band, and I didn't need binders. While I was in the hopsital, there were 2 other patients (I don't think they were Dr. Fang's). One had lap-RNY, and no binders. Another had open RNY, and she had binders. This is a really small sample, so don't put too much meaning into it. LOL!
Ginger
on 10/3/06 7:50 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi Linda, I had Dr. Fang with an open RNY. I too carry mucho fat in my tummy. I was given a binder..but it was a total pain in the butt to wear. I was so doped up..and the thing kept slipping all over the place. I guess if you want a binder....just ask a nurse for one. Be pro-active for your own health and comfort..if you don't, who will? HugsGinger
Linda S.
on 10/4/06 4:24 am - PHOENIX, AZ
I will try to be pro-active, I am such a shrinking violet!
italianbabe
on 10/3/06 8:52 pm - Surprise, AZ
Hi Linda, i did not have to wear a binder after my surgery,,,,,i have had no problems either, dr fang is the best....good luck to you jackie
Most Active