Question About Diet & Starting Program

Mikkilynn
on 10/2/06 2:41 am - Mesa, AZ
Hello All - I'm not sure if anyone knows the answer to this but... When I started this whole process with Scottsdale Bariatric, Terri the Patient Liason said that I needed to get started on my 6 month supervised diet with Dr Emershad right away. And that we would actually start the process for pre-surgery a few months later (appts with the dietician, pyschologist, testing, etc), so that both processes would be done around the same time. Then we could submit the paperwork to Cigna for approval. I just spoke with scheduling to find out when I should schedule my first visit, so that the pre-surgery process would also be completed around January. Now, I'm being told that I can't start this process until the 6 month supervised diet is done. I really don't like getting two different stories from the same office. Does anyone know which is correct? I would greatly appreciate any help! Thanks, Michelle
CKoehlerGMa
on 10/2/06 4:53 am
Hi Michelle....I had the surgery and I also had Cigna. I had to do all of my dieting first then scheduling. Having confusion between Cigna and SBC seems pretty normal. Good Luck with the surgery.
Mikkilynn
on 10/2/06 5:25 am - Mesa, AZ
Thanks Claudette - About how long did it take to go through the process after your supervised diet was completed?
CKoehlerGMa
on 10/2/06 5:37 am
Well, for me it was a different process. I had 3 months of waiting on a nutritionist to get back from leave to get my records. It was a mess but one I am confident you will not have to deal with. After the diet and the dietician mix up it took me about 4 months because the DR's there schedule about 2 months out. Hope that helps
Mikkilynn
on 10/2/06 6:19 am - Mesa, AZ
Great News!!! Terri from Scottsdale Bariatric just called me to schedule my first appointment on November 9th. (wahoo!) She said that we can schedule the pre-op appointments ahead of time to be done when my 6 month diet is over. Only with medicare, you have to wait until the diet is completed. I'm excited to get the ball rolling. I was even more pleased to find out that you no longer have to pay $1000 for the patient support package. I'm in a great mood now!!!
Linda S.
on 10/2/06 6:56 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Michelle, that is wonderful news. Congratulations, I know it feels good to be moving towards a wonderful life! Huggles!
Mikkilynn
on 10/3/06 2:20 am - Mesa, AZ
Thanks Linda!!!
schootzie
on 10/3/06 4:56 am - Mesa, AZ
Michelle - I too have Cigna... Started the testing process during the time I was going through the six month supervised diet( Jan.06). Completed the diet August 11th. Had my PCP (Cigna Doctor) submit all documentation to SBC at that time... I thought so far so good, just a matter of time for cigna to respond. SBC called Sept. 29th. and told me that I still needed a letter from my PCP stating he had addressed my depression ( SBC Dr. said I was depressed... I don't feel depressed... frustrated maybe) and put me on anti-depressants. So it is now Oct. 3rd. and my Ins. package hasn't even been sent in yet. Was told by Noreen that they were presently booking surgeries into Jan. 2007 and depending on my insurance co. response,I may get a date sometime in Feb., I call my PCP and asked him how this would effect my tests - he said most test need to be done no later than 90 days prior to surgery, and that being my date my not be until Feb. (5 months) many of my test will have to be redone. He was not a happy camper! But on a brighter note.... tell me more about not haveing to pay the $1000.00 for the support package???? Who told you this, because I too get different responses by different office staff... That's when they bother to respond at all. Liza
Most Active