Surgery 11/8-what do you recommend I buy for food, vitamins etc.........

KT300
on 10/2/06 7:17 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Thank you Joyce and Sheryl for your opinions on the "last supper" theme! I suppose when you put it out there you are asking for feedback as I was. I'm in a 12 step program and practice a "Live and let live" policy, people's opinions are just that, opinions, it worked for them but may not work for me, I take what I like and leave the rest. I did notice on someone's surgery page/profile there was a mention of "last suppers". I guess we should be supportive to each other despite which way we choose to go, society has been hard enough on us as "fat" people, we need to at least take care of each other. Thanks for all the protein ideas Joyce, will write them down. I do agree on the "head" issue, for that I find support in a 12 step program, I will always have a compulsive overeater head despite my size. For me,everything in balance!! Thanks again ladies!! Katie
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 10/1/06 6:37 am - Tucson, AZ
buy a variety of SF Pudding's liquid medicine measuring spoon pill cutter if you take pills larger then the opening in a straw Biotin Flintstones chewables with iron lite yogurt SF Carnation Instant Breakfast Flavorings (coconut, pineapple, orange, mint, etc.)
KT300
on 10/1/06 7:08 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Becky, Thanks for the good info. How many Flintstones do you have to take? Also, what does Biotin do? And what do you use the flavorings for, water, broth? To everyone who has responded I am SO00000 grateful for this site and YOU who are here giving tips and support!!! This is such an honest place for information, reviews of drs (I wish all medical procedures had places for the patients to find feedback and support!) and caring voices of those who have gone before, I'm not religous but have lots of emotion about how wonderful a place this is!!!! THANKS AGAIN, Katie
Nicole W.
on 10/1/06 7:31 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Katie, My surgery is on 10/30 and I have been advised to wait until you meet with the Dietican and Dr. Blackstone and attend the pre-op class before buying things. Each surgeon on specific plans on what you can take in. I know from talking to Jeremy that Dr. Blackstone doesn't want you to drink the protein shakes for a period of time... and the first week is broth, jello, sugar free ice pops and a few other items. When you go to the support group also, you will hear all different help things of how to take in vitamins and calcium. I might try and go tomorrow if I can get out of work. but I just don't think I can make it there in time. But I will try! Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies... I am swearing buy this book. It is my bible right now... it gives you such good tips. What to bring the hospital, whats going to happen... etc. Get it! Amazon.com has it for cheap and I think Border's books has it also!
CINABOBINA
on 10/2/06 12:36 am
Katie Listen to Nicole ! I also had my surgery with Dr. Blackstone. You only need to have chicken broth and s.f Jello on hand the first week. After that week you go back and have your first meal - You will be surprised how little you will need to keep on hand - the only protein drink we have been allowed is ISOPURE - get it at any Hi Health store - get the ready mixed - the powder stuff is nasty ... drink it over ice and you will be fine ! Our program is very differant from the other doctors here in the valley ! YOu dont want Dr.B or Randy upset with you !!! I found the liquid vitamins and calcium work best for me .. I get calcium and vitamins form costco !
KT300
on 10/8/06 8:22 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Thanks Jean and Nicole, I go to my dietary appt. this week and at the end of the month meet for the "all day" appt. and get the book on what to eat. And I have to get that book on "weight loss for dummies". Good to see you Nicole and Melissa! This week I'm trying to give up caffeine, wish me luck!! Katie
Most Active