why cant i eat without getting sick

cyn30az
on 9/29/06 3:03 am - lake havasu, AZ
im 9 days post-op and i cant seem to eat or drink any full liquids without getting sick .. i know some people have no problems and im not that person i feel very weal as a result can somebody please give me some advice on something i could take to make me get protien in besides fluid or food .. everything makes me sick even juices well im safe with water and some juices its just hard help me please i feel like i want a reversile .. ..
Melissa P
on 9/29/06 4:31 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Cindy, I am sorry that you are having such a difficult time. Have you contacted your doctor? You might have a stricture. I will say a prayer that things will get better for you. Maybe try a sugar free popcicle if it is allowed on your diet program. I really don't have any advise about the protein. You will need to contact your doctor and first find out if there is a problem. Take care of yourself! Melissa
Darlene X
on 9/29/06 5:20 am - Maricopa, AZ
I'd contact your surgeon and first rule out a stricture.... It may just be that your so new out, and your tummy isnt ready for it yet...
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 9/29/06 9:02 am - Tucson, AZ
Cindy What kind of protein drinks have you tried? Did you try the sugar free Carnation Instant Breakfast. I make mine with low fat soy milk. Let me know if you have called Dr. Juarez. I can bring an extra Profect on Monday for you to try. Becky
mombear
on 10/4/06 12:54 am - Green Valley(5/24/05 Lap RnY), AZ
Hopefully by now things have gotten better - but my suggestion is "better than bullion". It's a paste, made from real meat, that you buy in the same section as bullion cubes. When my tummy is being difficult - and it still happens once in a while - I make myself some bullion and sip it. The warm liquid is VERY soothing and helps my tummy get ready for a meal. Better than bullion is a little spendy - about $5 for a jar at Safeway - but very worth it! It also comes in very handy to jazz up soup that needs some more flavor or gravies that need a boost. Good luck - Mom Bear
Most Active