ONE year & -246lbs

Darlene X
on 9/28/06 3:07 am - Maricopa, AZ
WOW, today marks EJ's 1 year surgerversary A year ago today I was bawling my eyes out in the waiting room, sure my husband was going to die! Seeing EJ doesn't post, I will post for him.... We had a little discussion on the way to work, so I knew what to post for him. I am so proud of my man and his amazing 246lbs weight loss so far! Let start with some stats: Day of surgery: 520lbs, 6X-7X Shirts & size 58 pants. Today: 274lbs, 2X shirts & size 42 pants. Before surgery: EJ could barely walk 5 minutes in the supermarket without his feet hurting so bad he had to sit down, or go back to the car. Today: A few Saturdays ago we hiked mountain trails for 2 & ½ hours, and 5 miles. Before Surgery: We couldn't buy an SUV we liked because EJ didn't fit, the seatbelt wouldn't shut and it was too much of a tight fit. Today: We bought a new car a few weeks back and the thought of not fitting in some vehicles NEVER crossed our minds. Plus his belly doesn't touch the steering wheel anymore. Before Surgery: EJ had a very stressed out wife who had to take care of all the household chores, cleaning etc because physically it was very hard to do even one load of dishes. Today: He wishes he could go back, because now I make him do a lot more chores LOL Before Surgery: Even the clothing at the Big n Tall store was a little tight, he had to choose carefully to find clothing that fit right. Today: He can shop anywhere he wants. Buying jeans for the first time at Wal-Mart was a HUGE WOW. He has so much hope, and exciting plans for the future--Hiking, hunting with friends, trips to places that require lots of walking (Disneyland etc)... Those are just a few of some huge accomplishments--- I don't even recognize my husband anymore. I am so proud of him, and the changes this surgery has made in his life. We are so very blessed. He has about 50lbs more to lose before he is at his pre-plastic surgery goal weight... There are those who worry WLS will lead to divorce... I can say I love my husband now more than ever. Way to go EJ!!!!!!!!!
schootzie
on 9/28/06 4:05 am - Mesa, AZ
Yes!!!! Way to go both of you! You are such a cute & loving couple... CONGRATS on your success! Peace be with you, Liza
FakeBake
on 9/28/06 4:36 am - AZ
That is just awesome! It does feel great to do things that you knew you wouldn't beable to do pre WLS..He has come so far! Totaly Amazing! Keep up the great work both of you! I give him a HUGE !!! bets wishes, Tara
Nicole W.
on 9/28/06 4:46 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Such great acheivements for both of you... it's amazing how far both of you have come in a short time. Congratulations! I too cannot wait to walk around Disneyland... or Disney World without my feet hurting after an hour and I want to go to Magic Mountain also!
MJSB
on 9/30/06 2:24 am - Bay City, MI
Way to go EJ thats alot to do Its been a year for me to and I lost 148 pounds you should be very proud of your hubby that takes a lot of hard work keep it up A FRIEND FROM MICHIGAN
CKoehlerGMa
on 10/2/06 2:27 pm
Darlene and EJ....WTG You are both amazing. Keep up the good work both of you. EJ congrats on 1 year. I would love to see new photos if you have them. Claudette
Most Active