5 days post-op .. IM HOME

cyn30az
on 9/25/06 2:35 am - lake havasu, AZ
Well ive been home for 3 days now and im 5 days post-op everyday gets easier but wow I did not think so .. When the nurses told me those words .. But yeah the surgery came out fine I had a ruff start I was in ICU for the first day cause my blood pressure shot up after surgery and the re-entered the ventolater and that freaked me out had it in for a few hours and then I was fine they took it out moved to my normal room on the 6th floor and I think God was looking out for me he put me in a room with my surgery buddy becky that was the best .. But before I got to my room wow the upper gi leak test was terrible .. Different liquid than before and omg it made me feel as I was going to pass out so yeah that was very overwhelming but I made it and came home on the 22nd 2 days out of surgery the ride home was a little over 3 hrs and it was ruff I think just uncomrtable well then now im home and im going through my crazy stage I feel very overwhelmed I have all my books and stuff on what to eat .. And so forth but just doing it is very hard for me and im trying to get enouh water and stuff in ... I over did it with drinking my meal replacement drink it was 8oz and it took me a hour to sip but it made me feel real bad but after 10 mins of deep breathing I was fine .. It just didnt feel good no I know now to do half 4oz .. What else .. Oh yeah im real emotional is this what we all go through .. ? 1 minute im loved or so I say then the next minute nothing is rite .. I cant take my depression pills they are capsules .. But I think im gonna give them up anyways .. But I just need to cry sometimes is this normal ... And anyone with extra help as to what they were eating after 5 days out I would really appreciate some feed back recipes ect .. Thanks cindy
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 9/25/06 5:22 am - Tucson, AZ
Cindy Whatever you do, do not stop taking your antidepressants without checking with your doctor first. I tried wheaning myself one time a couple of years ago and I crashed big time. You don't need to crash right now. Sounds to me like you need to be taking something. I'm surprised Dr. Juarez didn't prescribe something for you. I would give them a call. I take Lexapro and it is small enough but I am still cutting them up right now per their instructions. I am curious as to the responses you will get regarding the fact that we can't get all this food and liquid into our pouch. If I remember correctly as long as we drink water as to not get dehydrated and get the protein in we should be okay. Make sure you take your multivitamins. Love you buddy!!!!!
FakeBake
on 9/26/06 1:43 pm - AZ
Cindy, well first off, it is normal to go through a depression stage, trust me! All I wanted the day I came home was my "normal" self back...I felt alone, it is a scary proccess. You kinda feel like your all alone, although my hubby was there, he just could not be there every second. I was very emotional! But you know what? you just have to take it day by day... You know how fast a year will come up on ya? Very fast! it gets better over time. as far as not taking your meds, you really need to talk with your doc first, before you make any decissions period. 5 days after i was out, I was only allowed liqiuds and mush.. my doc said whatever i was willing to blend up! just use your imagination! you can make it work! I ate lots of beans, cottage cheese, creamed soups, of course blended up cuz some of them have chunks in them..lots of broths, sugar free everything like popcicles...if you like veggies, cook them very well till mush, and some broth to them for like a creamed veggie soup.. it is good! and make sure you get your proteins in... I hated proteins.. but did them for the first 6 months...I just went to see my doc and he wasnt too worried about the shakes, he just wants me to eat more meat...But you do what your doc wants you to do...I hope this helps.. best wishes to you..Tara
Most Active