New to *THIS* forum

jenw82
on 9/21/06 9:30 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi everyone, My name is Jen. I've been on OH for awhile, but not on this forum. I am really glad to find it, just because I like the opportunity to discuss things and relate to people in their 20's (I'm currently 23). Currently, I am in the process of the 3 month presurgical prepatory regimen that my insurance wants me to do in order to prepare for the surgery (they denied it once, so when we submit again they are going to have an abundance of documentation). Doctor weigh ins. Nutritionist. Behavior modification. The gym. All sorts of fun, but whatever it takes. I have kind of thrown myself in and been working really hard. I even hired a personal trainer in order to try to conquer my fear of the gym (also to get more documentation for insurance). That's my hardest thing at this point. All the walls at my gym are made of glass and I am trying to get over the idea that everyone is looking at me. It's hard. I'm also just trying to get my body into as good of shape as possible before having surgery. I've been blessed with a great support system. Sorry to ramble so much in just a little introduction. But I really look forward to getting to know everybody. Jen
jenw82
on 9/21/06 9:36 am - Tucson, AZ
Yeah, I meant to post this on another forum. But it still applies to this one as well. Even if I have posted on this one a couple of times before. I'm trying to get more involved with people who have been through the WLS thing everywhere.
Darlene X
on 9/22/06 12:50 am - Maricopa, AZ
Well... you posted on the wrong forum, but HI!!! Im 24..... and I think there are quite a few younger people on the AZ board too.. Darlene
jenw82
on 9/22/06 3:21 pm - Tucson, AZ
Yeah, way to go me. Having two forums up at the same time to post in is not a good thing for me. Inevitably, I will post the wrong thing in the wrong place. But the thing I was going to post here was similar in it's own way. And I could use all the support I can get from all kinds of sources. But it is very nice to meet you.
tweet-tweet
on 9/30/06 3:28 pm - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 03/17/14
Hi Jen! I know what you mean about having a fear of the gym. I was going to Naturally Women fitness for a while, and really loved it. Being at an all women's gym made me feel safer. Unfortunately, they closed. I go to ASU West, and decided that I would check out their gym. I got to the hallway leading to the gym and just turned around. I couldn't even bring myself to going in. What if I ran into a classmate? So, I think I'm going to look for another women's gym again.
Most Active