Revision information

redone
on 9/21/06 5:02 am - Goodyear, AZ
I had my original surgery in 2001, with a Doctor who is now retired. It seems he did not stitch the stoma well enough and it has streatched. I am scheduled to have a revision on October 6th at Banner GoodSam with Dr. A. Villares. I would love to hear from anyone who has had a revision and see how they are doing. Also, if anyone has had WLS at Banner and how thier experience was. Thanks
ROBERT E.
on 9/21/06 10:37 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Dr Villares is my surgeon also. I am scheduled for surgery next Monday. Dr Villares inspires confidence!
redone
on 9/22/06 12:00 am - Goodyear, AZ
I agree Dr. Villares is very confident and from what i have heard very skilled. Are you having a revision or is this your original surgery?
tweet-tweet
on 9/30/06 4:05 pm - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 03/17/14
Hi. I can't comment on Dr. Villares or having a revision... but I did just have my WLS at Banner GoodSam yesterday. I felt that things were very well run. When I did my pre-op testing, I didn't have a long wait. Everyone was friendly. I didn't feel like a fat patient, I felt respected. The nurses for the surgery were nice. The post-op nurses were good too. I had my surgery on a Friday and got a room all to myself, which was nice. So, I do think Good Sam was a good hospital. However, I did have a concern, and would like to pass it on to you. Most of the bariatric surgeries done are Gastric bypass. So, the nurses have all the gastric bypass information. The information book passed out at the pre-op class is all bypass. I don't know if having a revision puts you on the same protocol as if you were having an original surgery or not. Personally, I had the lapband done. For lapband patients, you are discharged 1 day after surgery, not two days. So, there was some confusion as to what I should be doing when. When I asked questions at the pre-op class, I got one answer... nurses post-op gave me a different one. So, when the nurse said she could call the doctor, I said yes. So, my suggestion to you is to really know what your doctor expects of you before the surgery. If it is different from a regular bypass, take good notes. The nurses may not have the right information.
Most Active