LOOKING FOR A GOOD PSYCHOLOGIST FOR MY MMPI-2 TEST

alligatorpgr
on 9/21/06 5:03 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi everyone, my insurance UHC, doesn't cover the psychologist, so I'm looking for a good one out there. What's the process for the test, how much time did you spend, and how much was it. Thanks in advance........... Alli
Stephanie W.
on 9/21/06 5:55 am - Peoria, AZ
Alli, I got my psych eval. for free. I used my employer's EAP. I had to call several of the counseling offices listed on the plan's web site in order to find one that was certified for WLS, but it was worth the time. Stephanie
alligatorpgr
on 9/21/06 6:03 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Stephanie, thanks for the help. Did the evaluation come with the MMPI-2 test? I also have EAP, and it would be great if I could use that benefit as well. DO you mind me asking which psychologist you went to? Alli
Stephanie W.
on 9/21/06 3:55 pm - Peoria, AZ
Alli, Since I was self-pay, my eval wasn't as stringent. I did not have to take the written test. The psychologist I used does not even believe in the MMPI, so he probably would not work for you. He said he can figure people out in the first 15 minutes of talking to them. BUT, I do know from talking to some of the counseling centers in town that there definately are psychologists out there in the EAP that do give the MMPI. These are the same psychologists that evaluate WLS patients that are paying them. The only difference is you don't have to pay them. Your employer will pay, but you don't have to tell your employer why you're going or anything like that. Probably what I would do is get a list of approved counseling centers from your surgeon, then get a list of the ones in your EAP and compare the lists. I would think that if your surgeon is limiting you to only one or two psychologists or psychiatrists, it may be because they are referring patients for each other. Good Luck! Stephanie
Nicole W.
on 9/21/06 2:54 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Not sure Scottsdale Bariatric will let you just do the psych test or not... But its Dr. Messner. I paid $350 for it... they give you 3 hours to complete it.
Sheryl Tilley
on 9/22/06 2:50 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi! i went to Shelley Doumani in Glendale. All she did was interview me for an hour -- NO MMPI-2 test at all! She was great -- specializes in eating disorders. Sheryl 320/184/160 oct. 28th, 2005
Most Active