I had my Gallbladder out Friday.

Terri M.
on 9/19/06 2:07 pm - Pinedale, AZ
Everything went fine. I had a little trouble with my breathing when I came to but they gave me a breathing treatment and calmed me down and then I was A OK! OH yeah, I tore out my IV's. I'm not sure why, I quess I just wanted them out! NOW! Surgery took 1 1/2 hours Dr. B said that while he was in there he went up and checked out my Band and that everything looked great! I was in recovery for another 1 1/2 hours.(because of my breathing) Then off to my own room. Never had a room mate while there, never had to share the TV!! I never needed any pain meds. They kept asking me "are your sure?" Nope I am fine!! The nurse told my I rocked!! But after the 2 1/2 hour trip home I was wishing for some. I did have a little trouble while I was there. Just like with my last surgery I COULDN'T PEE! They had to put in a straight cath. But after that I started going on my own. The only complaint I have is that the meals were not for someone that has had any kind of WLS! Dry chicken, quarter pounder hamburgers with big thick buns, thick,big waffles. It all looked good but I knew not to try and put any of that in me. The veggies and fruit were good! My surgery was at 7:30am Friday and I went home 2:30pm Saturday afternoon. I had to stay a little longer because Dr. Berger wanted me to have my last round of antibiotics. He said that a infected GB can cause my band to become infected. It that happens then I will lose my band(NO WAY) Dr. Robert Berger Rocks, Flagstaff hospital rocks, Nurses-Kelly and Carrie Rock!! What can I say, If I had to have it done I am glad it was there!!! Terri (Pinedale)
Most Active