6 MONTHS TODAY :)

Darlene X
on 9/20/06 1:24 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi Guys, Today is my 6 month surgerversary, so I figured I'd write up a post. I can't believe how time flies, I honestly cant even believe it's been 6 months since surgery. Things are going well, as of today I am -122lbs, I was 338lbs prior to surgery, wearing a size 26/28..... Today I am 216lbs, wearing 18's, but fitting into 16's now too... I just can't afford to buy more clothes in 16's, so I'll wear my 18's and hopefully skip straight into 14's. Its hard to say whether I feel better--- I struggle a lot with head issues, I still see myself extremely fat.... and because I didnt have major health issues prior to surgery, I feel the same a lot of days.... but I know there is progress. Before surgery I always had high blood pressure... since surgery my blood pressure has been completely normal. Certain women issues have regulated, and that gives me so much hope about getting pregnant in the future... I hiked on the weekend for 2 & 1/2 hours, and almost 5 miles... amazing! I actually kind of like having pictures taken of me now. Im only about 9lbs from only being "overweight" I have about 46lbs to go.... so here's hoping I can post at my 1 year and be at goal Darlene 338/216/170
Tiffany McGee
on 9/20/06 2:48 am - Glendale, AZ
WAY TO GO DARLENE! Keep up the awesome work. You look great BTW. Good luck with the fertility as well. That is one of the main reasons I had my surgery. I can't wait for my 1 year mark so we can start trying again (because of fertility issues it took us 3 years to get Josh, and 1 1/2 years to get Taylor). Take Care! Tiff 275/230/150
Darlene X
on 9/20/06 4:46 am - Maricopa, AZ
Thanks Tiff!!! Your doing awesome. Darlene
BOBINA
on 9/20/06 2:56 am - mesa, AZ
Congratulations Darlene You look awesome, You walk taller every day I see you. I am very confident in you being at goal prior to your 1 year . Every time I see you I saw to myself how great you look ! & I cant believe you have lost so much so quick.
Sarah C.
on 9/20/06 4:44 am - Mesa, AZ
Darlene, You are doing so great!! I hope at 6 months I will be able to post that I have lost at least half as much as you!! And I'll be praying that the fertility thing get's better. Been down that road before and I know how hard that can be!! Congrats and keep up the good work!
CKoehlerGMa
on 9/20/06 5:34 am
CONGRATS Darlene!!! You are my inspiration to keep going. You look wonderful these days. Thank you, you have done so good and that makes me want to work harder. Hello to EJ, Darlene showed me your pics and all I can say is WOW and WAY TO GO to both of you. Claudette
Melissa P
on 9/20/06 5:50 am - Phoenix, AZ
Great Job Darlene! I am sure that you will be at goal at your one year mark. You and EJ have truly done a wonderful job with your weight loss. I also want to wish you luck with the fertility issues. I also dealt with that. I was blessed with one beautiful healthy daughter in 20 years of marriage not using any birth control. So I can totally relate. There are plenty of days I wished that I would have done this sooner so my daughter did not have to grow up an only child. But now at my age and my daughters age I don't want any more children. But I wish you all the best. Thanks! Melissa
JRinAZ
on 9/20/06 10:37 am - Layton, UT
DawlleeeeeeeeN! You totally rock!!!!!! You look gorgeous and will make a great mother for my upcoming grandbaby!!!! *winks* Luv U bunches! Joyce American Mum # 2
Most Active