I have Cigna-HMO and am seeking a revision

Meloni
on 9/18/06 4:03 am - AZ
I had LAP RNY about two years ago but haven't lost anything in over a year, still have about 100 lbs to go. Considering revision. I can't find anything on cigna site about covering WLS or WLS-Revisions. Anyone have any first hand experience? How does one "qualify" for a revision? And does Cigna cover WLS revisions? Any help would be appreciated.
Stephanie W.
on 9/18/06 3:08 pm - Peoria, AZ
You would need to find out from your employer if it is a covered benefit. Some Cigna plans cover WLS, some don't. It is your employer's choice to buy that portion of the plan or exclude it. Excluding WLS means lower premiums for employees. I have Cigna HMO, but my employer (a hospital) excluded all WLS from the plan. My health insurance is FREE, so I guess I got what I paid for. Stephanie
Mikkilynn
on 9/19/06 12:05 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hello - I also have Cigna HMO and called them to get more information. The rep was very nice and walked me through the screens on their website to reach the "coverage position" for bariatric surgery. This will give you all the details (hoops) that you have to go through to get approved. That is as long as your employer's policy covers the surgery. Here is the link - http://www.cigna.com/health/provider/medical/procedural/coverage_positions/medical/mm_0051 _coveragepositioncriteria_bariatric_surgery.pdf In case that doesn't work you can navigate through the site: Go to www.cigna.com and click on health care, physicians hospital administrators and other health care providers, medical coverage positions/criteria medical index "B" Bariatric Surgery (0051) There you go... Everything you want to know about getting approved through Cigna. Hope that helps
Most Active